http://www.thatswhyimbroke.com/gadgets/guitar-pick-punch/

Just a cool accessory I found while browsing. I don't know if anyone has ever tried it. Looks pretty useful though, I lose picks all the time. Any one have one of these that can comment on it? I'm looking to get one.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
I've wanted to buy it too. However, it seems like it'll be easier to carry extra picks in your wallet or pocket than to haul this bad boy around everywhere? Thats just my thoughts though.
Well I was just going to keep this at home and make pics as I need them...
Portugal. The Man »–
Buy yourself a 72 pack of your favourite picks off ebay for around $30. They should last at least a year and they'll be ones you like. The ones that punch makes probably wouldn't be amazing
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Touche, dear sir... sounds more logical than what I had imagined...

Seems like a good investment, as you can always find plastic around the house. Old school ID cards and the like sound like they'd be good material!
It's a cool idea, but for £16 (Rough conversion in my head, I could be wrong), that seems an awful lot for what it is. It's not exactly hard to do the same job with a pair of scissors.

EDIT -
The person a few posts above makes a good point too. Picks made out of old plastic cards are usually horrid to play with anyway.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Dec 14, 2011,
Quote by sammo_boi
Buy yourself a 72 pack of your favourite picks off ebay for around $30. They should last at least a year and they'll be ones you like. The ones that punch makes probably wouldn't be amazing

I bought 288 Allparts picks for like 45 bucks this year. Solid deal to me.
I've used one of these before at a friend's. It's extremely easy to use, however the picks it makes are not great. It's a nice gift and is fun to use, especially if you want to make a pick with someone's face using an old ID card though.
"So there's me, Keith Moon and David Crosby breaking into this little sweet shop right. Now instead of a guarddog they got this bloody great big bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace. But the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business really, but we got the M&M's and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show!"
I have one and use it all the time. it is cool making your own. Everyone at my work and family always brings me old cards and giftcard to use. Part of the fun is figuring out where to cut the pick for most style. Needless to say i have a giant vat of picks so everyone i know that plays guitar gets all they want. I still like using store bought picks but i the pick punch is very cool. If you do get one you need to file the edges a little. Basically i use a cheap nail file and hit the edges for a swipe or two just to knock down the rough spots.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.