Bestow upon me magic
Wizard, all knowing, all wise (solo)
I want to rule this kingdom
Make sweet the breeze now defiled (solo)
Dethrone the evil prince's iron fists
In velvet gloves of sin (solo)
all of those are terrible. none of those are as good as a small tube combo you could get for the same amount of money.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Don't get the tone blaster.
For the love of god don't.

You want a tube amp.
You'd probably be better off with something Britishy,
You seem to be looking at amps in the $3-400 range.
I'd look at a Jet City JCA20H stack with a TS9 as a boost. Great budget tube amp, and can really get into high gain with a boost.
Better choice

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-windsor-tube-amp-head

It's an ALL TUBE 100 watt head... VERY pedal friendly and has an effects loop...

you can set it on top of the cab you selected or put it on this one...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-hp-412-4x12-guitar-speaker-cabinet/423043000001000

Not far off your price range, but a whole lot more dependable...

Just sayin...

Edit...
out of the 3 you mentioned... I'd say the B-52, but thats just based on reviews and what I read...
I own the Windsor... I gig 2 or 3 times a month...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Dec 14, 2011,
top of my price range is $500. and thats if i save for more than half a year. tube/not isnt really super important to me. i want something that can handle the amount of gain i push through. i listened to hour+ of sound demos of the Tone Blaster.... and it sounded amazing. what was the problem you have with it?
Bestow upon me magic
Quote by darkwolf291

You want a tube amp.
You'd probably be better off with something Britishy,
You seem to be looking at amps in the $3-400 range.
I'd look at a Jet City JCA20H stack with a TS9 as a boost. Great budget tube amp, and can really get into high gain with a boost.

that jet city is to small. i already looked into it.
Bestow upon me magic
Better choice

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-windsor-tube-amp-head

It's an ALL TUBE 100 watt head... VERY pedal friendly and has an effects loop...

you can set it on top of the cab you selected or put it on this one...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-hp-412-4x12-guitar-speaker-cabinet/423043000001000

Not far off your price range, but a whole lot more dependable...

Just sayin...

QUOTE]
would if i could. too expensive.
Bestow upon me magic
The Peavey Windsor half stack is probably the best you'll get for the price range. I used to own one and it's got some great high gain tones but it doesn't clean up very well though.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by darkwolf291
They make a 50W and 100W head.

i know.... those arent in my price range.
Bestow upon me magic
Quote by 3volved
but it doesn't clean up very well though.

I'm able to clean mine up pretty nice... It's not as clean as my Fender Twin, but what is...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by darkwolf291
So save up for a better amp.
$3-400 isn't gonna get you a good amp.

good is relative.... something that can play live, with considerable distortion, and can produce 'somewhat' the tone i want (i.e. death metal to thrash to doom) and can distinguish the difference is good enough for now. getting a small tube combo amp would be fun to mess around with in a little "jam room" but when im trying to play certain styles i would have to pump money into pedals
Bestow upon me magic
Quote by thrashmetalhed
good is relative.... something that can play live, with considerable distortion, and can produce 'somewhat' the tone i want (i.e. death metal to thrash to doom) and can distinguish the difference is good enough for now. getting a small tube combo amp would be fun to mess around with in a little "jam room" but when im trying to play certain styles i would have to pump money into pedals

That's not what you wanna do.
You want an amp with the tone you want, not try and fix an amp with pedals.
And to get a good sounding amp for metal, you need to get a tube amp, which will be more than what you have,
Craig's list?

I got my Windsor Half Stack for $300 bucks... 18 Months old

There are deals out there...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
im broke. any good tube amps for under $500 that have any versitility? doubt it. compare the sounds that will come out of these to a Marshall MG30. you might realize why i want a new amp. whatever, everytime i ask a question on here each person says spend $300 more and get something MUCH better, whether im asking about something $400 or $1200...
might as well get a fender frontman.
Bestow upon me magic
Dude, not be be nasty but you're coming across like a clueless little 15-year-old kid who just wants a big stack to look big and cool and impress people.

Number 1: Size ain't everything. The little 1x12 Mesa Boogie combo I used to own was an absolute monster - handbuilt in America, rock solid, painfully loud and with a ton of great sounds. You can find those for $500 if you keep an eye out (the DC-5 would be ideal for you).

OK, here's what I'd do:

Find a used Bugera 6260/333 head. here's one for $389: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bugera-333XL-120W-Tube-Electric-Guitar-Amplifier-Valve-Head-333-XL-/390373188736?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae40e2480#shId

- Check out your local ebay, Craigslist etc for a used 2x12 cab. Here's one nearby: http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/2725982204.html

You should be able to get a HUGE sounding metal rig if you play it sensible like that.
Bear in mind that a a 2x12 cab with good speakers will sound bigger and ballsier than a shitty 4x12. Don't buy crap.
ok, ok, Fl_lCK half stacks. that bugera looks sexy as fvck but the $389 plus cab would be over my budget, i need >$500. and that might not even be possible. as i said i'm broke. as FVCK
Bestow upon me magic
Quote by thrashmetalhed
ok, ok, Fl_lCK half stacks. that bugera looks sexy as fvck but the $389 plus cab would be over my budget, i need >$500. and that might not even be possible. as i said i'm broke. as FVCK

Sexy is plastic, and chrome..

Ok folks.. $500.00

Lets find the kid an Amp...

(Don't take "Kid" personally.. I'm old.... pretty much, all you guys are kids.... LOL)
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Here's a 2/12 cab.. Marshall

Orlando Craigs list... $150.00
http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/2716943550.html

Also on Craigs List..

Not familiar with this one.. anyone have any experience with the Crate Blue Voodoo?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/2737816337.html

$500.00
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Dec 14, 2011,
i have the ls-100 and i love mine, just my $.02
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by thrashmetalhed

You can pick up cabs very cheap secondhand, if you're patient.

Your best would be a good 50W combo - the Jet City would be great. Don't forget that if you buy an amp new and get bored of it, you can trade or sell as much as you like - the only amp I ever bought new was a cheap Blues Jr a few years ago.
Since then, I've owned Mesa Boogies, Oranges, Marshalls and loads more - if you're careful you can trade your way up and try out lots of fun gear in the process.

So if next year you decide you want something bigger, it won't be that hard to find a guy who 'wants something smaller' and will trade his big rig for your little one plus a bit of cash. You're not stuck with it forever...
Quote by Papabear505
Sexy is plastic, and chrome..

Ok folks.. $500.00

Lets find the kid an Amp...

(Don't take "Kid" personally.. I'm old.... pretty much, all you guys are kids.... LOL)

its ok, lol. and i mean come on, i really dont give two shxts about how it looks.. i just want to be able to play the music i like. but yes i also find guitars sexually attractive and often masturbate to them while listening to amon amarth.
Bestow upon me magic
Quote by Papabear505
Here's a 2/12 cab.. Marshall

Orlando Craigs list... $150.00
http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/2716943550.html
Not familiar with this one.. anyone have any experience with the Crate Blue Voodoo?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/2737816337.html

$500.00

No speakers in that though....it's just an empty combo!

As for the Blue Voodoo....yeah, it got a bad press at release but for the price it's a solid choice. Gets pretty heavy.
Quote by kyle62
No speakers in that though....it's just an empty combo!.

completely missed that...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
a used peavy 6506 combo might suit you.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Buy used. I've seen Peavey VTM 60 stacks go for exactly $500 on my Craigslist. I'll occasionally see a Peavey Ultra head go for pretty low, as well as several Ampeg VH-140c's. Pair any of those with a used Marshall 1960, then boom. <$500 halfstack.

Or just get that Blue Voodoo in Papabear505's. It might need a retube after you get it, but it will be more than worth it than any amp in your first post. You're really not going to find any good halfstack for $500 brand new.