Hey guys

im looking for an overdrive pedal to boost my amp so i can put my Multi effects pedal in the fx loop

this is my current setup

Guitar -> Korg Pitchblack -> Boss ME25 -> Fame T120H

i got about 75 euro's but i can stretch up too 100

il be ordering from Thomann.de or Musicstore.de

ive tried an TS808 i really like those but their too damn expansive and the maxon 808 is just out my budget

Thanks Guys, AlienProbe

M-Audio Fastrack + Pod Farm

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Can I ask what you think of that Fame head? They look pretty good, all things considered.

Anyway, this would be my recommendation: http://www.thomann.de/gb/danelectro_cool_cat_drive_ii_v2.htm

It's a superb pedal, a very close copy of the boutique Fulltone OCD. Good quality components, solid metal housing and true bypass for 35 euros!
Quote by hawk5211
^meh to both the sd-1 and the ts-7

OP, visual sound open road. Picture a Ts-808 with a shit tonne more bass. Its heaven.

?
The Open Road's supposed to sound like an amp OD, the Route 808 is a TS clone with a bass boost switch. If you want something to boost your amp to get it's own overdrive get a boost pedal like a ZVex SHO. If you want a boost-like sound without a big volume increase you could look into an Earthquaker Speaker Cranker.
Quote by hawk5211
^meh to both the sd-1 and the ts-7

OP, visual sound open road. Picture a Ts-808 with a shit tonne more bass. Its heaven.

if he's using it as a boost into his dirty channel, it'll make **** all difference.
Wel the amp itself doesnt have enough gain to go brutal wel the biggest problem is that i cant trie anything before i buy it

thanks for the suggestions guys i'l check some youtube Video's of those pedals

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Quote by AlienProbe
Wel the amp itself doesnt have enough gain to go brutal wel the biggest problem is that i cant trie anything before i buy it

thanks for the suggestions guys i'l check some youtube Video's of those pedals

I would take the safe road and get a Maxon or TS 808..Then start buying others and experimenting.

If you save up for a nice one. You can easily re-sell or trade off to start testing others.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Okay so i think im going for the maxon od808 or the od9 can anyone tell me whats difference between them ? they cost the same, but whats the sound difference ?

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Quote by AlienProbe
Okay so i think im going for the maxon od808 or the od9 can anyone tell me whats difference between them ? they cost the same, but whats the sound difference ?

One's based on the TS808, one's based on the TS9.

Honestly, the Maxon are superb pedals but they're pretty pricey - do you actually need a high-end pedal? There's plenty of pedals that do a great job for half the price.
Nah i do not need that one, but i know its good becouse i tried it a couple of times, and the biggest problem is i cant trie any other pedals, and there are almost no youtube vid's of the other pedals named in this thread (they dont show that they boost an amp)
so i'm thinking about the maxon od808 its an expensive pedal yeah but it does exactly what i want

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
i don't know if i'd get the dano- i don't much like the ocd (or more accurately, its clones, i haven't tried the "real thing") for a boost, it's better as a standalone od, imo.

i'd get a joyo for the od (or maybe a tonerider), they're both (far as i'm aware) clones of a tubescreamer for very little money.

teh dano trans od v1 would be worth a look if you want a more transparent boost. haven't tried teh v2.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?