Page 1 of 6
i dont want to get into a huge debate on this subject, although i enjoy reading other peoples opinions on this matter, but i need a few general theories that somewhat disprove or can give a counter example to the idea that god specifically created man, as said in the bible. this is for a philosophy final due tomorrow lol. what i am looking for is something other than the conservation of energy. im not looking for anyone to do my essay, im just looking for a few examples that dont agree with god creating man. not evolution either thats too easy.

im working on reflective equilibrium and what i need to do is evaluate the claim that god created man by comparing it to counter examples ....yeah i already said what i needed to say.
Assassin's Creed.

FORSRSLY.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
You can't disprove god.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
inb4 common sense.

Common sense.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Jackal58
You can't disprove god.

That, if philosophy was a real science this would be the entirety of your paper and it would be perfect.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by institutions

hahahahaha its inevitable mr anderson, but i just need a ground to a thesis. im looking for something probable and workable

assassins creed? how can i apply that? or is that up to me? idk iv never played it.
damn augment of rebirth is so brutal, i love btbam during my essay writing.
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Dec 14, 2011,
Quote by palm mute
That, if theology was a real science this would be the entirety of your paper and it would be perfect.

Fixed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
What actually happened is that a group of scientists invented a time machine and whilst testing it they went back in time to before the dawn of man. They couldn't get back (cos time machines can't go forward, that's just science fiction grade baloney) so due to boredom they just went at it like rabbits.

And that's how the human race was born. True story.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
hahahahaha its inevitable mr anderson, but i just need a ground to a thesis. im looking for something probable and workable

Look elsewhere.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Fixed.

I was trying to get some of the philosophy buffs on here to bite
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Jackal58
Look elsewhere.

you think so? i googled for a while and i didnt like my results. i just need a 3rd point i can bring up. i have convervation of matter and evolution, but 3 is a magical number.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
assassins creed? how can i apply that? or is that up to me? idk iv never played it.
damn augment of rebirth is so brutal, i love btbam during my essay writing.

That what humans perceive as 'god' or 'gods' were actually just super advanced human-like beings which possessed an understanding of life and technology so profound and complete that they were able to create humans as slaves, but not able to prevent the slaves from rebelling and taking freedom.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Discussions of the existence/non-existence of God are boring/dead-ends. God is supposed to be something that transcends reason.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
anthropic principle.
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
you think so? i googled for a while and i didnt like my results. i just need a 3rd point i can bring up. i have convervation of matter and evolution, but 3 is a magical number.

I don't know what convervation is.

Any theory you produce that attempts to disprove god is simply disproved by claiming "god made it that way"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
the story of creation in the bible is not to be taken literally IMO, its a symbolic story and in know way intended to be historical/scientific fact.

I am Catholic and went to a Catholic grade school and high school and this is what I always learned. We also learned evolution and scientific creation in science classes.
Quote by ampoverload
the story of creation in the bible is not to be taken literally IMO, its a symbolic story and in know way intended to be historical/scientific fact.

I am Catholic and went to a Catholic grade school and high school and this is what I always learned. We also learned evolution and scientific creation in science classes.

I went to a Catholic school too, and I was also taught evolution, etc.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
You can't disprove God, silly... Maybe you can try and disprove creationism but good luck. Evolution is full of holes and people are starting to doubt evolution more and more, including some top scientists.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Conservation of matter and energy, son.

Also, disprove God, you cannot
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Kensai
Evolution is full of holes and people are starting to doubt evolution more and more, including some top scientists.

Yeah, but that's a good thing.
You could disprove God by saying if he exsisted your paper wouldn't suck ass.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Kensai
You can't disprove God, silly... Maybe you can try and disprove creationism but good luck. Evolution is full of holes and people are starting to doubt evolution more and more, including some top scientists.

its just for a philosophy paper. i needed to pick a controversial beliefe and justify it with 3 epistemological views and modes of justification. i just need a general theory like the conservation of energy that poses a problem to god creating man specifically.
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Dec 14, 2011,
I've successfully disproven the concept of a god by sticking my fingers in my ears and screaming.
Quote by severed-metal
Yeah, but that's a good thing.

I know, right? Why believe in something even darwin himself said was wrong?

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
its just for a philosophy paper. i needed to pick a controversial beliefe and justify it with 3 epistemological views and modes of justification. i just need a general theory like the conservation of energy that poses a problem to god creating man specifically.

You can't disprove God, though, he's a God. No matter what you can come up with you can counter with some divine mumbo jumbo.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Evolution is full of holes and people are starting to doubt evolution more and more, including some top scientists.

If evolution is full of holes, then religion is one giant expanse of nothingness. I'll side with the guy who has a few paragraphs missing from his thesis than the guy who just draws stick figures with a crayon and gets pissy when asked provide something compelling.
noone understands 'god' enough to make an argument for or against it anyway, if youre on about a bearded man in the clouds (or any variation of that) that lumped together peices of clay and gave us mouth to mouth, then ofcourse thats f*cking wrong. If you think of it all symbologically, however, it takes up an entirely different meaning and actually correlates with science. Bitchuz dun kno.

Quote by stndrdprcdre
If evolution is full of holes, then religion is one giant expanse of nothingness. I'll side with the guy who has a few paragraphs missing from his thesis than the guy who just draws stick figures with a crayon and gets pissy when asked provide something compelling.

wouldnt you rather withhold any beliefs that you may have until you find an infallible hypothesis to buy in to? idiot people and their opinions. "Hi I know this is wrong but I'm gonna believe in it anyway lolz x"
Last edited by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT at Dec 14, 2011,
According to the bible the dawn of man is said to be around 10,00 years ago, we've found human fossils that are over 100,000 years old. So that would mean humans predate god which he supposedly created.

Although not directly related to god created man it's part of the process, when god creates the universe in 6 days you will notice that he creates light early on and then on the 3-4 day he creates the sun, moon and stars.

I'm trying to think of some scientific theory's that directly disprove god but none really come to mind, although I'm sure there are one or 2 out there. All I can think of is the contradictions in the bible
Quote by Kensai
I know, right? Why believe in something even darwin himself said was wrong?

Well, I was more thinking along the lines of "someone will find a better answer", but I don't doubt evolution, mainly due to the fact that I personally haven't heard too much against it other than Christian stuff that doesn't inherently apply to evolution.
you guys are all stuck on the idea of trying to disprove god, letting the point of this thread blow right over your heads. get over it and help me by suggesting a general theory, like the conservation of energy, that could pose a problem to the idea that god created man.
Quote by homeless-john
What actually happened is that a group of scientists invented a time machine and whilst testing it they went back in time to before the dawn of man. They couldn't get back (cos time machines can't go forward, that's just science fiction grade baloney) so due to boredom they just went at it like rabbits.

And that's how the human race was born. True story.

So... we're all our own grandchildren?
^ That was where I was going.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
you guys are all stuck on the idea of trying to disprove god, letting the point of this thread blow right over your heads. get over it and help me by suggesting a general theory, like the conservation of energy, that could pose a problem to the idea that god created man.

Is it God created man as in the Christian God created man exactly how it says in the Christian Bible? Or just disproving that there is a creator at all in any form?
In my heart I'm with you

every night