So for the past 3 weeks ive been learning how to play the guitar with out actually having a guitar.. I Have just about memorized all the cords and finger shapes. I am pretty sure i got tab reading down. I ordered my new guitar yest. and should be getting it with in a few days. The only thing i am worrying about is my fingers. Is there something i can do or is it inevitable. If it is then oh well. Im still excited to play. Also is there any easy beginner tabs i can start off with? Thanx
Knowing chord shapes before you get the guitar will help you, but being able to put your fingers where they're supposed to will take time. What are you worried about your fingers for? Like building calluses or for fingering position?

Also, for beginner tabs. Just do what almost every guitarist starts off doing, play jingles. Learn some simple christmas jingles. It helps you get used to picking patterns as well as moving your fingers along the fretboard and since they usually only involve 1 or 2 strings they are a perfect place to start.
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Oh i understand it will take time with finger placements. When i sayim worried about my fingers i meant the way it feels before the calluses form. But i guess im just tryin to avoid the inevitable huh?

Thanks ill pull up and print out some jingles.
tbh. it doesnt hurt that much. only when you get crap in the cuts does it hurt. slightly. look, it happens, you get strong fingers, and chicks like it when you feel them up with that hand. this is personal experience.
and may i suggest you get like a beginner book, just to start off?

also: learn smoke on the water. while its like the "its a small world" of guitar, if you can play it properly, counter riff included on the two MIDDLE strings, it shall help restore belief there is a god.
Well i am a chic. lolo
Anyway yea i figured. But it was worth a shot in asking lol
Yeah also, to start off just get lighter gauge strings, which will help ease you into the calluses. Everyone is different too. I never got any cuts on finger from playing before even when I was starting out. You can tell when you start to get calluses and you may want to pick at them but just leave them. Just take it slow and enjoy the new adventure you're beginning.
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by Maillouxlp18
Yeah also, to start off just get lighter gauge strings, which will help ease you into the calluses. Everyone is different too. I never got any cuts on finger from playing before even when I was starting out. You can tell when you start to get calluses and you may want to pick at them but just leave them. Just take it slow and enjoy the new adventure you're beginning.

Lighter gauge strings really do help. Also getting your action (the height of the strings above the fretboard) set up low will help too. A lower action is easier to play too. Having said that I've been learning on a guitar with a pylon like action and high tension strings because I'm a pillock, so what do I know

Edit: and spazz's comment is perfectly applicable with the gender roles reversed by the way
Last edited by Onboardg1 at Dec 15, 2011,
thats iight i go both ways so ill keep it in mind nxt time i feel up a chic
gj spaz. definitely what onboard advises. and dont worry, your wingers will hurt a little, but it isnt bad at all and it goes away in a few weeks.
Starting to play guitar is really fun but requires alot of practice and commitment , just know that at one time you will play those chords well