this is a ? regarding a bogner alchemist the stock ruby 6l6's are on there way out I've ordered some tung-sol 6L6'ers too take there place Is this a good swap...thanks
jj
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
JJ are always good.

Tung-Sols aren't bad by any means.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
hey thank for the input do you know the difference between 6l6 GC and one that's just G can find what I stands for
6L6 is the name of the tube. GC and G are different subtypes. Google is your friend.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
There were G GB and GC. They can handle higher plate voltages respectively. It was simply the development of the tube. G meant glass, then B and C were newer versions.
TungSol 6L6's are one of the better tubes by New Sensor. They aint no JJ and SED are even better but they should stand you in good stead. Who knows what the Rubies are, they are a rebranding outfit. Chances are they are just a New Sensor valve of some type.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
thanks for clearing that up for me...so the G is the glass and Gb GC is the version of the bottle G being the first version