Hello, since the departure from the last three of my bands that went nowhere (thanks to only having GP5 MIDI songs "recorded") I present to you the first song from my solo project, Industrial Discipline. This is the intro song to the album, and sadly doesn't have vocals yet for the parts it can have them. Genre is Industrial Death/Grind.

Sorry for the bad quality, but believe it or not - I recorded all of this with a laptop microphone (and used Audacity to compile them together). Sorry for some mistakes, it's only a demo. Please let me know what you think about what I have. Thank you.

Will return critiques as per usual on these forums.

In case anyone is interested, my SOLE influences for this album are from Fear Factory and Strapping Young Lad. All hail HevyDevy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZbRlN3rGa4 -- New version, better quality drums.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at Dec 15, 2011,
I like the harmonies that you've got before the first break, and it sounds like you've got a talented drummer. If I might be so bold, I'd say that the drums can match the gallops it would be quite a bit more badass. The mistakes that you're talking about aren't that noticeable(ie, I didn't hear any), so don't worry about that too much.

Aside from that, this has a lot of potential. If you've got access to a copy of Rock Band, the USB mic from it works surprisingly well. How were you miking this (like, how far away was the mic, do you have filters, what kind of room were you in)?

[edit]Thank you for your input on my thing, by the way! Glad you liked it.
Last edited by Calymos at Dec 15, 2011,
I will try to see how the gallops fit in when I have time to record the next track. And well, I guess because I've composed them then I hear the minute mistakes, but they're mostly just slight ringing and a few bad palm mutes.

And unfortunately I don't have Rock Band, but I will be buying another guitar cable so I can directly record my guitar tracks, and will also be picking up a microphone.

I also just used the microphone in a closed room in the front of my house. Put a few thick sheets over the windows (didn't go to the extent to cover the entire room) and went to town. The room is about 10 x 12 ft. The microphone on my laptop was about a foot away from my amp when recording guitars and about five feet away from the drums.

Thanks for the return critique btw.
Thanks for the crit on my thread! Really appreciated that!

With yours, the intro is really cool, but unfortunately when the actual band recording comes in, its really difficult to hear whats going on to make out exactly what you guys are doing, however I'm sure you guys sound great in person and with better mic'ing.
Well as I said, the microphone is far from the best... I absolutely hate it, actually. Can't wait to be able to do a direct recording.

And this is a solo project, :P. I am the only person writing and recording all of this.. rather tedious if you ask me. And no problemo.

EDIT: Uploaded the file again, on a different user, though. Also have much, much better sounding drums in there. Sorry about the last recording, dunno why the sound turned out that way.
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at Dec 15, 2011,
I really liked this song "scary" feeling at the start. And that acoustic thing was also good. When drums start etc, that guitar sound is pretty bad, but i bet when you get better guitar recording staff it will sound awesome. I think you should try to get little bit more balls to the drums. I'd like to hear some new stuff in future

Sorry my englinsh is pretty bad but i try to get something comment on it Thanks for replying to my topic !
Not sure what you mean about the drums, do you mean I should make the drums louder in the mix or should I add more drum fills and stuff?

But, sure thing, no problem! And yeah, I know the guitar sounds terrible, but there's nothing I can do about that until I get my amp-to-computer USB device.
Hey man, sorry for the late reply, been away for a couple days! Anyways, onto the critique. I loved the intro, atmospheric, kind of creepy. I wont comment on the guitar tone, as everyone seems to have (including yourself) pointed that out haha.

Onto the drums. You could have done a lot more with them I think, the constant doubles kind of gets annoying after awhile, tbh. But the drums themselves don't sound to bad for recording with your laptop mic.

All in all, with some pretty better recording equipment, I'm sure this song would sound really good! And I know what you mean about solo projects being rather tedious, my song you commented on I recorded all myself. A lot of work, but in the end rather rewarding!