Just wanna know how you guys practice it

http://www.learn-guitar-online.com/images/PS%20Lesson%2010%20Ex%201.jpg

( the number are the finger of course )

if you look at the second shape ( .. the one starting with 2-4 ) .. do you start it that way with the middle finger or you start with the index and move the index to the 7th fret A string ??

some video i found start it with finger .. but this one say to use second finger ( middle to start ) to start and same at the higher string .

if you look at the other shapes too .. it say to start with the middle finger for most of the shapes ( except the first one that usually start at 5th fret on the fretboard ) .

just wanna know if both are ok or if theres a "right" way to practice it . i start with the index for each of the shape . right or wrong ?
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Dec 14, 2011,
Try any way, there is no right way honestly, what ever you are comfortable with. Try it with every finger just for the finger indepdence training! Everything you practice clean and slowly will add to your techinque.

But if you are looking for the most efficent way, break it down yourself, it'll only help you in the end!

Cheers,
Xter
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
ok thx ..

ill practice both for finger training im already wuite fast but ill go slower starting with the middle finger .

thank you .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
I hate these threads about the boxed shapes.

Learning and practicing those shapes will get you nowhere. Instead, learn the scale as a series of notes and intervals and learn the notes of the fretboard. For instance, the A minor pentatonic scale consists of the notes A C D E G. You can play that scale anywhere on the neck that you find those notes.

If you just learn the shapes and practice those, you will get good at playing them, but running through a pentatonic scales gets really old really fast. Most people who just use those shapes end up getting stuck on them and have a hard time moving around the neck. Get some basic theory into you, and mess around with the pentatonic scales over some backing tracks.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.