I have a choice to throw some new pups in my strat, or grab a new one...

my budget is around 350, and im trying to pull some frusciante/srv/hendrix tones out of my 20th anniversary squier. i could throw some new singles coils into it (texas hot, custom 69, duncans of some kind) or pick up a new axe. I definitely want to stick with strats and i was thinking that i could use a change up from my current guitar because its getting kind of old and i would like something new to work with. i was thinking that the squier classic vibes 60's sounds like my kind of thing, but i wouldnt mind some input from some knowledgeable people who have played or own that guitar and some pickup recommendations. any input is appreciated!
If your looking for a new and better guitar i would suggest saving up a bit more and getting a Fender strat.
i think if your only gonna spend that much you should get some new pickups.
Mothers Milk BKPs are fantastic! and would improve the sound a bunch and be just what your after.
IMO go to a shop, play the CV and maybe a few used MIMs. If you like the way they play considerably more go for a new axe otherwise go the upgrade route. Maybe a nice fresh setup will liven up your current guitar
MIM's run below your budget 24/7/365 around here, go for one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have one of the 20th Ann. Strats and I upgraded the pickups in it and can honestly say it's worth it. It out did my MIM strat which I ended up selling. For a cheaper alternative it's certainly a good one.

The CV's are great as well. I have the 50's tele and am really stoked on it, check them out first before you make a decision.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by telemetal
I hate to be 'that guy', but what amp are you running through firstly?

Stop lying... we all LOVE to be that guy! what you really need is a new amp!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Haven't tried those amps but they seem to be disliked. Better than a cheap starter kit ss though
TS what do you think of the amp? Can't try one.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
its great for what i play. definitely no complaints and sounds amazing when you crank it, worth the money.
i found a mim strat for 350? should i pounce? where else could i look besides craigslist (i live in st louis) for a strat?