Hey guys, I have a question about setting up an attenuator for my JCM800. It's a combo version with 2 15ohms speakers in the back (looks like it's parallel), was checking the impedance rating earlier for an attenuator and the back reads 4Ohms.

The amp have been producing ok sounds but I must assume that the impedance should be set to 8Ohms if it's wired in parallel correct? I'm afraid of blowing it up or damage the speakers before messing with the settings.

Question is.. should I change the impedance settings to 8Ohms?

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
Last edited by Bongmaster at Dec 14, 2011,
And yes you can plug in an 8ohm speaker load into the 4ohm output on your amp. It does change how the speaker reacts though so if your amp has an 8ohm output that would be the better choice.
Thanks for the quick reply guys, I'm going to make the change tmr and see how it sounds
I live in a loft with very thin walls and it's almost impossible to play at a good volume, besides the JCM800 sounds way better when cranked anyway.

PS: after switching back to 8ohms, dummy load in the attenuator did get much hotter but so does the sound of the amp it never sounded so sweet
Quote by Bongmaster
I live in a loft with very thin walls and it's almost impossible to play at a good volume, besides the JCM800 sounds way better when cranked anyway.

PS: after switching back to 8ohms, dummy load in the attenuator did get much hotter but so does the sound of the amp it never sounded so sweet

Ah, I feel your pain man! Just keep an eye on the heat and I don't foresee any problems. Have fun!