so i ordered a ec-1000t ctm a couple days ago and i was wondering how black the ebony fretboards are or how consistently black the ltd's fretboards are. as my username would suggest i have owned an alexi 600 before and the ebony board was amazing so i guess i am hopping the ebony board on this guitar will be the same color black... jet black. Also if anyone has an experience with this guitar your opinion matters to me. i have owned an ec-300 a while ago so i have an idea. thanks guys
Almost alll of the ebony used for fretboards is dyed to get it jet black and cover up the brown streaks that are common to ebony (pieces of unstreaked ebony big enough for a fretboard are quite rare, and are too hard to find for mass produced guitars). The EC-1000 boards are dyed, so it will be completely black.
The amount and type of dye varies so some ebony ends up looking almost like plastic and some just looks like a perfectly black piece of ebony. The EC1000 is noticeably dyed to the trained eye, but I don't recall it falling into the plastic look category. You can still see the grain.
Quote by Roc8995
Almost alll of the ebony used for fretboards is dyed to get it jet black and cover up the brown streaks that are common to ebony (pieces of unstreaked ebony big enough for a fretboard are quite rare, and are too hard to find for mass produced guitars). The EC-1000 boards are dyed, so it will be completely black.
The amount and type of dye varies so some ebony ends up looking almost like plastic and some just looks like a perfectly black piece of ebony. The EC1000 is noticeably dyed to the trained eye, but I don't recall it falling into the plastic look category. You can still see the grain.

cool thanks i would hope for good black board to match the black body