CLICK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING LINKS FOR A FULL AND COMPLETELY FREE DOWNLOAD OF MY DEBUT LP "Thy Name is Ruin"!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?cbjhk1h6cuk7466
www.soundcloud.com/letters-to-zaya

Check out my profile for the fully completed version of the title song from my upcoming EP "Thy Name is Ruin".

Check back, I'll post updates in this thread for when I upload newer songs.

also...

www.youtube.com/letterstozaya
www.soundcloud.com/letters-to-zaya

Keep an eye on both of those, for updates and videos.

Thanks for checking it out
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
Last edited by Ryioku at Jan 26, 2012,
I'm not gonna lie, this is awesome.This kinda reminds me of Protest the Hero, with a little As I Lay Dying thrown in. I love the little lick @ :25, it's perfect for that section. Also, the way you lead into your solo is badass, and the second to last lick before the end of it is killer.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504217
Uploaded my second song

Everything from first post applies to this one.

Okay...

Calymos - I thought it sounded really cool, definitely needs proper recording and other instruments to really reach it's full potential. I also watched some of your other journals... showing improvement

cookdizzle - Thanks, I really appreciate it! Don't forget to show it to friends if ya like it enough xD
~~You are nothing. I am a God among men, creating the Universe before leaving you blinded and wandering.~~
Letters to Zaya
New song uploaded to all links, as well as my profile.
Be sure to Subscribe to my channel, I'm trying to do a song every 5 days or so until my album is done.
Letters to Zaya
Number 4 of 10 has been uploaded. Check it out

Don't forget to subscribe to my channel! Help me get recognition.
Letters to Zaya
do want, i wasnt sure if it was going to be good but... as i said do want, favorited on Youtube
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Newest Song Uploaded
Letters to Zaya
Deffinately good, but not technical, as there is a techdeath genre now, far from this, This is more like metalcore to me.
very cool stuff. I liked the opening riffs to "this place is our home". A lot of cool guitar work going on overall. I used be in a few heavy metal bands over the years but have since then worked on more "calmer" stuff.
check it out: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504681
Quote by Johanvanderbal
Deffinately good, but not technical, as there is a techdeath genre now, far from this, This is more like metalcore to me.

Yeah I know all about techdeath. I know this isn't TechDeath... I just didn't know what to call it. It's far more technical than alotta the bands I listen to (some more than others), but I'll admit they're not the most technical pieces.

As for my next album, the music is alot more technical... goes further in depth into the progressive side. I suppose I would call this music Progressive? I'm not sure... I use alotta polyrhythms and odd time signatures and weird scales/modulations.

If you wanna call it metalcore, fine by me. So long as you can find some sort of enjoyment out of it
Letters to Zaya
Quote by Ryioku
Yeah I know all about techdeath. I know this isn't TechDeath... I just didn't know what to call it. It's far more technical than alotta the bands I listen to (some more than others), but I'll admit they're not the most technical pieces.

As for my next album, the music is alot more technical... goes further in depth into the progressive side. I suppose I would call this music Progressive? I'm not sure... I use alotta polyrhythms and odd time signatures and weird scales/modulations.

If you wanna call it metalcore, fine by me. So long as you can find some sort of enjoyment out of it

No problem man, nothing degrading about what I said, I didnt like it any less, This is what I consider more of a techdeath type sound Anunnaki
Although virtually no production values, all home studio'd by one person, but if your yearning for tech, give that a try, and the bands as follow : Beneath the massacre, Viraemia, Rings of saturn, Bloodbath, Necrophagist. Hope to hear more groovy stuff from you man, you guys have a tight sound.
Sounds like a more technical, crazy Mudvayne! That's a good thing in my mind though
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
You are very skilled. You have a good voice too, wasn't aware that was yours the first time I heard your music. My only complaint is that I can't really hear the guitar too well. You are playing some complex riffs and the guitar is being drowned out by the other instruments.
@Johanvanderbal - Thanks dude. and yeah, I listen to a few techdeath. Couple of my favorites are The Faceless, Rings of Saturn and Necrophagist. also Revokation, if you've ever heard of em. I lean more towards listening to things like Born of Osiris, Veil of Maya, After the Burial, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Trivium, Lamb of God, and Bring me the Horizon. Just to name a few of my favorites. Oh and by the way, it's not a band quite yet haha... trying to get something together to either play this or completely new music. Like I said the newer stuff I've written is far more technical than what I've put up so far, everything I'm recording right now has been written for between a year and two years.

@Zakkcd - haha thanks dude, actually Mudvayne was one of the first "metal" type bands that I got into back in high school. I still go back and listen to them every once in a while.

@RLD Guitar - Thanks alot and yeah... I've started to notice that the more I listen to what I've uploaded. The recording/engineering/mixing thing is pretty new to me so I'm kinda learning as I go. When I'm done with all the recordings and I upload a full album download, all the songs are gonna be remixed to the point where certain things stand out a bit more.
Letters to Zaya
This is pretty sick dude. A different take on core stuff in a good way. The riffs sound pretty solid, get over shadowed by the vocals in a few parts though. Can definitely hear the deathcore influence, in the chug breakdowns. Really like the subtle use of the piano as well. I like the vocals, but it sounds like there's an effect/layering on it that's causing some odd resonance too me at some points. Mixing sounds pretty solid too, great job.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28885531#post28885531
Uploaded the newest song, check it out

And yah... I've noticed that, I'ma fix all of those little issues when I release the full album for download. (About 8 days from now, so keep an eye on my channels)

I'll crit yours now
Letters to Zaya
Uploaded the 7th song

This one honestly is my favorite... speaking of, the album's almost complete.
Jus' a couple more days now.

Don't forget to comment rate and subscribe to my channel you guys
and of course, I'll crit you and subscribe if you leave a youtube page.
Letters to Zaya
Bump
Letters to Zaya
Bump.
Letters to Zaya
Do not bump your own thread!

2) Bumping of Threads

"Bumping" is posting in your own thread in order to send it back to the top of the forum. This is a BIG NO-NO. NEVER bump your thread unless someone has a) Asked you a question or b) you want to debate a comment or have something of merit to add.

This means NO:

"Thank you" posts - Yes it's courteous, but it's not fair on other people who do not do the same. If you want to thank them properly, critique one of their songs (especially if someone has provided a link). This is the best thanks you can give. Or PM them! Just do NOT bump your thread.
Blatant Bumps - Your "anymore comments?" type posts... this is spam and against the rules set down in the FAQ. You want more crits? CRIT SOMEONE ELSE!