I was trying to play Cowboys From Hell solo, I cant almost play but I can't do this things:

--12h-15h-19p-15p-12h-15-20p-L-15p-12h-15p-12-----------------------------------
----------------------------------------------20p-L-15p-12h-15p-12--------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------20-20p-15p-12
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------|-------------------------------|
----------------------------------------|--15----15----15~----L----L----|
--L-15p-12h-15p-12-14~-L----L--L--5S----|-----14----14------------------|

And,

--12-14-------12-14-------12-14-----12-------------------|
--------15b-L-------15b-L-------15b----14br-14p-12-------|
---------------------------------------------------14b~--|
---------------------------------------------------------|

In the first one do I supose to use tapping?
The second one, I have to use my 1, 3 and 4 finger?

(I apologize about my english, I'ts 4 am here, I can't think)
The first one is really just a wide stretch. Tapping wouldn't necessarily be efficient in that situation. I mean, you could go that route I suppose, but that is a good lick to get your stretches up.
Quote by yngwie ripoff
The first one is really just a wide stretch. Tapping wouldn't necessarily be efficient in that situation. I mean, you could go that route I suppose, but that is a good lick to get your stretches up.

But it hurts like hell lol
It's not tapped. Dimebag just stretched a bit. There are several licks that can help you stretch out your hands. Personally, I like the main riff for Dream Theater's Stream Of Consciousness and a bunch of stuff by Rusty Cooley.

Put tabs in code so we can read them

--12h-15h-19p-15p-12h-15-20p-L-15p-12h-15p-12-----------------------------------
----------------------------------------------20p-L-15p-12h-15p-12--------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------20-20p-15p-12

----------------------------------------|--15----15----15~----L----L----|
--L-15p-12h-15p-12-14~-L----L--L--5S----|-----14----14------------------|

--12-14-------12-14-------12-14-----12-------------------|
--------15b-L-------15b-L-------15b----14br-14p-12-------|
---------------------------------------------------14b~--|

Quote by randycrusy
But it hurts like hell lol

Suck it up. Playing guitar is not an easy thing to do.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Last edited by Junior#1 at Dec 15, 2011,
Quote by Junior#1
Suck it up. Playing guitar is not an easy thing to do.

No, don't do this. If it's slight discomfort as a result of not having done that sort of stretch before, then yes, keep working at it. Warming up your left hand will help, such as using the left hand warmups from Rock Discipline - keep your thumb behind the neck and stay relaxed.

However, if it's actually "hurting like hell", don't keep going through it - pain is an indication that something is not right.
When I started out doing wide stretches (and I have a small hand with small fingers) I would put my foot on like a crate or something and have the guitar straight up. While this is something most people do just to look cool, in the beginning of dealing with wide stretches I actually found it to be rather beneficial. Once you learn the ins and outs it becomes second nature.
It's almost definitely a posture thing - you need to tilt the neck up, get your wrist fairly straight and almost under the guitar.

You can always tap it too, I don't really practice too many stretch licks any more because 90% of the time you're better off tapping or sweeping the same notes.