Poll: Do you like more about?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like more about?
Regular coffee
19 43%
Christmas coffee
7 16%
I dont drink coffee, but i drink my 5'o clock tea every day.
11 25%
Tits or GTFO!!!
7 16%
Voters: 44.
Page 1 of 2
So do you like more about christmas coffee than about regular coffee.

Whats christmas coffee? How does it differ from regular coffee? Well dear pit monkeys, Christmas coffee tastes like regular coffee but with a hint of cianmon.

You made up Christmas coffee and regular coffee is better anyway.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Tea all the way
or for a festive drink, Mulled Wine.
or maybe hot chocolate :P
Quote by dann_blood
Proof he's a communist! He finally comes out, the nazi!
I don't drink coffee, but i drink my 5, 8, 10, 12 'o clock tea every day.
Quote by StreetLight3989
You made up Christmas coffee and regular coffee is better anyway.

This. Any evidence to the contrary is obviously fabricated. Christmas coffee is like Santa - It doesn't exist.

Fuck this thread.
What the **** is christmas coffee?
Julmust is the only christmas beverage worthy of the name.
¯|(°_o)/¯
I think I've tried it about 2 years ago. It was alright, but it was no hanukkah coffee.

Quote by Zox
What the **** is christmas coffee?
Julmust is the only christmas beverage worthy of the name.

Agreed
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
If you need a "seasonal" kind of coffee in order to enjoy it, you don't enjoy coffee.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Pah, Irish Coffee is the only coffee I drink
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Duffman123
I don't drink coffee, but i drink my 5, 8, 10, 12 'o clock tea every day.

No tea after 12? What kind of communist regime do you live under?

Coffee is nasty anyway. But cinnamon is the best spice. Though probably not in tea.
just regular dark black coffee please. Occasionally a dab of maple syrup or a small spoon of sugar is ok too
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by SkepsisMetal
No tea after 12? What kind of communist regime do you live under?

I can't get to sleep if I drink tea after 12, too many trips to the toilet >_>
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Do you know why cinnamon is connected to Christmas?

I dont know but i am gonna make a very wild guess. Santas wife baked cinamon rolls for santa and elfs for food etc...

Yea, i know its really far fetched.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Do you know why cinnamon is connected to Christmas?

Pray tell. I'm curious.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by jani92jani
I dont know but i am gonna make a very wild guess. Santas wife baked cinamon rolls for santa and elfs for food etc...

Yea, i know its really far fetched.

Nope, the word 'Christ' (which is Greek for 'Messiah') means 'anointed one' and it relates to anyone anointed to be king of the Kingdom of Irael.
Jesus was considered by many as the rightful king and also the 'prophecised' Messiah, the king who would effectively convert the whole world to Judaism, hence him being known as Jesus 'Christ' and the celebration of his birth being known as 'Christmas'

To 'anoint' someone means to pour annointing oil on them as part of a ritual, in this case the ritual of declaring someone as king, and in The Bible Moses is commanded by God to use 'sweet cinnamon' in the recipie for making holy annointing oil, otherwise known as 'Chrism'.
This is why during the Middle Ages, when cinnamon was becoming more available in Europe, people started to use it as a flavouring in Christmas recipies.

The recipie also contains something called 'Keneh Bosem' which has been identified by many Biblical scholars as being 'cannabis' and it is added in equal amounts to the recipie as cinnamon, so by rights, we should also be traditionaly using cannabis in our Christmas recipies.

Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Dec 15, 2011,
I'm not that keen on burnt dirty beans.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
I'm not that keen on burnt dirty beans.

Ever heard of Kopi Luwak? It's the most expensive coffee in the world and it's made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by civets, then passed through their digestive tract.

Yup, it's civet shit.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Ever heard of Kopi Luwak? It's the most expensive coffee in the world and it's made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by civets, then passed through their digestive tract.

Yup, it's civet shit.

I had, but I thought it was a myth though.

Coffee is weird in that you have to 'get used to' the taste. Only comparable thing I can think of (off the top of my head) that is similar in having to get used to it is alcohol , and I actually remember finding my first beer and whisky quite nice though.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist

I can assure you it's quite true. But there is research being carried out to imitate the taste of kopi luwak without the civet's involvement because of the decrease in civet population.

Quote by theguitarist
Coffee is weird in that you have to 'get used to' the taste. Only comparable thing I can think of (off the top of my head) that is similar in having to get used to it is alcohol , and I actually remember finding my first beer and whisky quite nice though.

Yeah, unsweetened chocolate is an aquired taste too.
Quote by theguitarist

This. I still hate hot coffee.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I can assure you it's quite true. But there is research being carried out to imitate the taste of kopi luwak without the civet's involvement because of the decrease in civet population.

Yeah, unsweetened chocolate is an aquired taste too.

Decrease due to environmental or other causes?

Hmm, well I grew up on unsweetened because my parents thought sugar was evil for most of my childhood, but even that, you can end up liking it after a sucking a few pieces.

Edit: nevermind I'll do some quick wiki research civet population

edit2: usual stuff, loss of habitat, hunting for musk glands/fur.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by stealstrings
This. I still hate hot coffee.

It is because of the bitter taste?

We naturaly have an aversion to bitter tasting things because poisonous substances often taste bitter, but like theguitarist just said, it's weird because bitter flavours are often something that we become accustomed, and even addicted to.

This is possibly because many poisons can have a stimulant effect in small doses.

Quote by theguitarist
Decrease due to environmental or other causes?

Native Indonesians hunting them for meat apparently is the main cause. I suppose we can also add loss of habitat to that too.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

We naturaly have an aversion to bitter tasting things because poisonous substances often taste bitter, but like theguitarist just said, it's weird because bitter flavours are often something that we become accustomed, and even addicted to.

This is possibly because many poisons can have a stimulant effect in small doses.

Nah. I dunno what it is but hot coffee gives me a headache, but iced coffee doesn't.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Native Indonesians hunting them for meat apparently is the main cause. I suppose we can also add loss of habitat to that too.

I remember reading an article about bitterness, and it was suggested there's a neurological pleasure element to bitter tastes despite our natural aversion to it. Also there was a psychological element of enduring and overcoming the bitter taste, which was discussed through the example of a trend in US microbreweries to make increasingly bitter beers. I can't remember all of the article off the top of my head (was probably a new scientist one), but it's surprising how many bitter foods we consume and enjoy. There was also something about being predisposed to actually liking bitter tastes, which makes sense when you meet some people who hate coffee, tea & beer. Thinking about it, people I know who don't like those drinks & those who can't stand tea/coffee black also tend to dislike dark chocolate.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by stealstrings
Nah. I dunno what it is but hot coffee gives me a headache, but iced coffee doesn't.

Do you get a headache from any other hot beverage?

Quote by theguitarist
I remember reading an article about bitterness, and it was suggested there's a neurological pleasure element to bitter tastes despite our natural aversion to it. Also there was a psychological element of enduring and overcoming the bitter taste, which was discussed through the example of a trend in US microbreweries to make increasingly bitter beers. I can't remember all of the article off the top of my head (was probably a new scientist one), but it's surprising how many bitter foods we consume and enjoy. There was also something about being predisposed to actually liking bitter tastes, which makes sense when you meet some people who hate coffee, tea & beer. Thinking about it, people I know who don't like those drinks also dislike dark chocolate.

Yeah, I think I may have read the same (or at least a very similar) article, it sounds familiar.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Do you get a headache from any other hot beverage?

Nope. Even the smell of it gives me a headache.
Quote by stealstrings
Nope. Even the smell of it gives me a headache.

Hmmm, possibly some form of allergy?
Or maybe it's psychosomatic. I don't suppose you were ever hit over the head with a coffee pot as a small child?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Hmmm, possibly some form of allergy?
Or maybe it's psychosematic. I don't suppose you were ever hit over the head with a coffee pot as a small child?

lol nah. But Dad's been drinking it ever since I can remember. Maybe that has something to do with it.
What is your father like?
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist

....what's that supposed to mean?...
Quote by theguitarist

Quote by stealstrings
....what's that supposed to mean?...

Did he ever beat you to within an inch of your life while brewing or drinking coffee?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Did he ever beat you to within an inch of you life while brewing or drinking coffee?

No
Page 1 of 2