What kinds of questions should I ask the seller before deciding purchase a guitar on ebay? I am buying a guitar with floyd rose in it.

Questions I am going to ask the sellers are...

What are the conditions of the frets
How is the action of the guitar
Are there any other set up or intonation issues with the guitar?

Should I ask for a serial number so I won't end up with a fake guitar?

What else should I ask for?

The buyer has a 100 % rating on ebay but I want to take steps so I don't get ripped off.
Your intelligence - apparently you have none if you're buying a musical instrument on Ebay.
to the top two people

many people have been buying guitars on ebay with good results. so what the **** are you talking about? I don't have the money to buy a new guitar.
Last edited by musicandthewave at Dec 15, 2011,
Don't listen to those guys. eBay is a great place to find guitars - I currently have 14 guitars, but I've bought & sold around 50 over the years, almost always on eBay.

So long as the seller has good feedback, has described the guitar fully & the pictures are of the actual guitar, not just stock pictures, there usually isn't anything to worry about.

It's usually worth avoiding the listings which say something along the lines of 'selling for a friend, I don't know anything' - it amazes me how many of those type of listings there are - but other than that just use some common sense and you should be fine.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Why in the world would you buy a guitar on ebay??? I want to hold the guitar and know it even works. and with ebay AND paypal taking a percent, could you even get a good deal?
Drewster720571

craigslist>ebay
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Drewste720571
Why in the world would you buy a guitar on ebay??? I want to hold the guitar and know it even works. and with ebay AND paypal taking a percent, could you even get a good deal?

got an almost brand new ibanez rg(left handed) on ebay for 200 bucks give or take a few dollars

its its a gamble sometimes but you find some of the best deals on ebay
I got a brand new iPod touch 4g for $100 ($230 in stores) on craiglist. Ebay is for the impatient, the best deals are found in the most unlikely spots.
Drewster720571

A bl00zy strat. The only guitar worth buying.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Quote by Drewste720571
Agreed... whats the sig for?

you dont understand satire, do you?
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Drewste720571

why are you spreading false information? Only as a seller do you have to pay a fee to ebay and paypal.
Serial number
Is neck bolt on or set
Year and company of model
Reason for giving it away