Hey Guys.

Everytime I start recording the first bit of the first word of a line, it is always screwed up. Example: I'm singing ''spending'' and all that I hear when I listen what I recorded is ''-pending'' with a little buzzy s in front of it.

It's not me, it is audible when I'm singin it. What could the problem be? I own a nice M-Audio microhpone and a Terratec Dmx soundboard so i do not think that's an hardware problem.. Plus I used to sing in a crappy old microphone and there was the same problem. If I plug my guitar in the same soundboard it goes perfect.
Thank you
Gear:
American Strat
Les Paul Studio
Vox Ac30
Crappy boss pedals
Crybaby
More guitars
Last edited by Joeslash at Dec 15, 2011,
Do you have any gates in effect? Any de-essers running? Compression? Basically, list your complete signal path if you can. While I doubt any M-Audio microphone is nice, I also doubt that it will be the problem as it sounds more like something is too slow to fully-open and let a signal through unless you're describing the problem badly

Try playing around with the gain control of your preamp as well, maybe boost preamp and sing into a lightly-set compressor to reduce the dynamic variation a little and give a more consistently high signal just to see if that makes any improvement
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I'm using: DeNoiser, Gate, Equalization, DeEsser a limiter and a delay. On cubase. But if I switch to audacity and record without using any effect, the problem is the same..
Gear:
American Strat
Les Paul Studio
Vox Ac30
Crappy boss pedals
Crybaby
More guitars
Oh well problem solved, i'm a douchebag, i just needed a little gain on my preamp -.- Thank you mate
Gear:
American Strat
Les Paul Studio
Vox Ac30
Crappy boss pedals
Crybaby
More guitars
Well, I'm glad that fixed it then - sometimes the simple things are the easiest to forget about, and the first thing someone else suggests
Hey, look. Sigs are back.