Hey guys,

So, it's raining outside and I need to get somewhere with my guitar. I don't have a car, I have to go there by bicycle. So now my question, I have a Carvin guitar ( with a Carvin hardcover case ) and was wondering, if I go outside in the rain ( it's not raining that hard, but still, better to be safe than sorry ) will the case protect my guitar from water?

Cheers!
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
If you take it through the rain quickly it'll be fine, but it's not so waterproof that it will be okay to chuck it in a pool.
West Ham United
You could cover it with a plastic garbage bag or two if you're really worried. It's not going to soak through, but they're definitely not water-tight. It'd be pretty hard for rain to seep in that easily.

I'd be more worried about how I'd carry it while riding a bike.
Welllllllll No.. Cases typically aren't water proof...

what kind of case is it?

Plastic, like an SKB, or fabric or vinyl covered wood

If it's an SKB, taping up the seams really good could be an option... if it's a case covered in tolex or vinyl, ... cover it with trashbags
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Thanks for the quick replies.
It's just 10 minutes away from my house, so I guess it'll be fine then!
Carrying it while riding a bike isn't that hard - I've had plenty of practice with that.

Thanks again all!
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
at the least you should still wrap a plastic bag over the top.

if the water permeates the seams at all, the case might pick up a musty
smell.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011