I've got an Aniversary Ric copy which is amazing but after changing the strings today I've found this terrible fret buzz on the low E string. I've never had this with it before but its almost as if the string is sitting on the fret (as close as the 2nd fret). Any advice on how to remedy this? I didnt want to go and mess up my bass unless I need to.
Hi, no I didn't they're still 45's. All other strings fit and sound great just that E that is buzzing like mad and is completely unplayable
Check the nut slot's depth, the neck relief, and the bridge saddle.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Check the nut slot's depth, the neck relief, and the bridge saddle.

It looks as if the nut slot is too shallow (that right?) as it comes straight from the nut at the height of the fret but it surely cant be that as it was fine with the strings I had on and only took off this morning
Shallow is okay. That would make it higher off the frets. Too deep is not okay.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
yeah sorry, that's what I mean. it looks too deep so it doesn't raise the string enough leaving it nowhere to go but rest on a fret
I had the same problem with my anniversary. My issue was caused because it actually needs a longer than normal string. I had to use rotosound swing bass 66s for extra long scale basses otherwise the cloth winding would sit in the nut causing all sorts of intonation issues. I haven't used the Rickenbacker strings so I don't know if they have that winding or if they have any sort of taper on them but it's worth bearing in mind.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.