Guitar --> Eagle Strat: http://www.eaglemusic.no/nettbutikk/gitar-elektrisk/eagle-elektrisk-gitar/eagle-elektrisk-gitar-stratocaster-ae10-tr/

Amp: Randall NBKing 112

My guitar has three single coils pickups so I don't get a great hard rock/metal sound out of it. I think of changing the (Bridge?) pickup for a humbucker but don't know what to choose.

I like bands like (old) Metallica, Slayer, avenged sevenfold... btw

I know I won't get the perfect metal anyway bit I know I can get a much better one!

Thank you UGs!
Budget? (you can give it in NOK that's fine)

Do you have a new scratchplate to put the humbucker in? If not it may be worth looking for a single coil sized humbucker (eg. Dimarzio Tone Zone S). However, with that being said I am confident that you would be better off investing that money replacing the guitar because your current one is very much a beginner's quality guitar...

Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Quote by barnesybaby
Budget? (you can give it in NOK that's fine)

Do you have a new scratchplate to put the humbucker in? If not it may be worth looking for a single coil sized humbucker (eg. Dimarzio Tone Zone S). However, with that being said I am confident that you would be better off investing that money replacing the guitar because your current one is very much a beginner's quality guitar...

Thanks for great info, really appreciate it
1) No I don't think I have a stratchplate to put the humbucker in.
2) Budget: About 1000-2000 NOK
3) Yeah, you have a good point of getting a new guitar instead. Have thought about it. I guess that may be a better solution than getting new expensive that cost the same as my guitar :P
Ok well you would have to budget for the new plate (they arent' expensive) and then having to wire the pickups in again.

You could buy a decent Dimarzio / Seymour Duncan pickup easily for that price but honestly I am not sure I would advise spending that much to improve the guitar. If you are determined you want a humbucker in that Strat then I would say your best choice is a single coil sized humbucker. For example: http://www.irongear.co.uk/irongear_019.htm

Personally though I would probably say that you could even be ok buying a second guitar with humbuckers - like a LP copy or something. Or selling your guitar and completely upgrading.
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Quote by barnesybaby
Ok well you would have to budget for the new plate (they arent' expensive) and then having to wire the pickups in again.

You could buy a decent Dimarzio / Seymour Duncan pickup easily for that price but honestly I am not sure I would advise spending that much to improve the guitar. If you are determined you want a humbucker in that Strat then I would say your best choice is a single coil sized humbucker. For example: http://www.irongear.co.uk/irongear_019.htm

Personally though I would probably say that you could even be ok buying a second guitar with humbuckers - like a LP copy or something. Or selling your guitar and completely upgrading.

^ Thanks again, really helpful c: