about a month ago i got a second hand prs tremonti se, it seemed fine on first playy but it seems to have adopted this horrible fret buzz on the low e string though it gets worse around the 2nd fret in particular. the buzz on the 2nd fret also appears on the next string aswell, anyone got any ideas of how to redeem it, id really appreciate
Quote by ffaf12
about a month ago i got a second hand prs tremonti se, it seemed fine on first playy but it seems to have adopted this horrible fret buzz on the low e string though it gets worse around the 2nd fret in particular. the buzz on the 2nd fret also appears on the next string aswell, anyone got any ideas of how to redeem it, id really appreciate

slip a bit of paper under the string in the cut of the nut.

see if lifting it there lessens the buzz.

if it does, then that means the nut cut is a little low, and you can either build
it up or swap it out.

if the issue seems to be the fret.

then you can get the fret tapped in, or you can try to increase relief a little
to see if you can clear that fret.
i would only suggest this, if the buzz transmits thru the amp, and if the guitar in general,
seems to need a little more relief.

either way, these are just minor issues and should me fixable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
slip a bit of paper under the string in the cut of the nut.

see if lifting it there lessens the buzz.

if it does, then that means the nut cut is a little low, and you can either build
it up or swap it out.

if the issue seems to be the fret.

then you can get the fret tapped in, or you can try to increase relief a little
to see if you can clear that fret.
i would only suggest this, if the buzz transmits thru the amp, and if the guitar in general,
seems to need a little more relief.

either way, these are just minor issues and should me fixable.

cheers dude ill try that out the string height is a little lower than im used to at first i was worried that it was neck bend but hopefully like you said it wont be anything major
As it's only on the low E string, it couldn't be neck bend, so don't worry about that Do you have a floyd rose or just a standard nut/bridge?

Gear:
-Custom Frankenstrat (Now in bits pending a home-made Charvel So-Cal mod)
-Boss ME-25 (Modded with gaffer tape and blu-tack)

Quote by Xiaoxi
Modes and scales are dumb and useless. Stop learning them. No, seriously.
Quote by ewashbrook
As it's only on the low E string, it couldn't be neck bend, so don't worry about that Do you have a floyd rose or just a standard nut/bridge?

its the prs desighn wrap around so i was a bit confused with altering the height im farly sure you cant alter them individualy you can only highten the whole brige
even if the bridge was individually adjustable,
lifting the bridge won't help buzz at the 2nd fret.

just an FYI thing.

so just try the nut thing (harder to tell with a locking nut,
but you can also,

fret between the 2nd and 3rd fret,
while holding, see if the string touches the 1st or 2nd fret.

you can check if it's a hair up from the fret (ideal)
or touching the fret (low cut nut / high fret)
by tapping on the string to listen if you get a dead or tapping noise.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011