Couldn't find a thread on this guy, sure he's been posted before but this guy is probably one of my favourite bass players of all time. He may be just some youtube guy, but he plays the most beautiful solo arrangements I've ever heard.

Metallica - The Unforgiven

Looking Glass

Led Zepplin - Stairway to Heaven

Indian Ink
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Wow, thanks for sharing, he's amazing.

Apart from the Zon, what do you think goes into that lovely clear tone? I don't think I'd like it for general playing, but for strumming and tapping it's perfect.
He uses piccolo strings and tunes higher, much like Victor Wooten. I'm assuming there's a carefully adjusted compressor involved along side the obvious reverb.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Sorry for my ignorance; do you mean A-D-G-C, or solo bass tuning F#-B-E-A? And the piccollo strings meaning an octave higher, right?
There is a video somewhere where he explains his set up in the comments... can't remember which one though. Sorry.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Dec 15, 2011,
Yeah his site was pretty good for that.

Amazing, amazing player. Wish I could see what he's like on cello.
One of the few solo instrumentalists that doesn't bore me to tears with pointless wanking. A truly tasteful and talented player.
I don't know if it's worth a mention, but he's on the new holiday album that Zon put out.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
He's a remarkable player, and while few people other than bassists may know of him, he gets the occasional nod on this forum. He just put out a transcription book of his debut album Sonorous that has lots of altered tuning information. If you're into piccolo bass, Zon and Manring seem to be the guys to listen to.

http://www.bassbooks.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=667&cat=Zon%2C+Zander
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley