Hey I would consider myself an amateur guitarist.
I am currently looking for a guitar ranging between £500 and £700
That is basically $700 to $1000
Typing that I am going to buy a $1000 guitar does seem maybe out of place because I have stated that I am an amateur, but I would like a good quality guitar that will last.

I live in Scotland, so American vendors arent exactly an option.

I listen and play to 80s hair metal, grunge, and general heavy metal too.
So basically whitesnake, motley crue, alice in chains, nirvana, steel panther, megadeth, ratt, dokken, GWAR, iron maiden... you get the idea)

I was thinking of looking for a model with a fixed bridge so I can more easily change between 1 step down, 2 step down, and Drop D tunings etc... and use my Ibanez RG420 for standard tuning needs. FOR NOW. This will change in the future probably.

I looked into some strats and fixed bridge ibanez, and some shecters. The reviews on UG seem torn between those that actually own them and those who have just played them and hated them, so I thought i'd make a topic.

Sorry for such a big post, I wanted to provide you guys with decent info!
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks!
~ Jory
Quote by jjp93
Hey I would consider myself an amateur guitarist.
I am currently looking for a guitar ranging between £500 and £700
That is basically $700 to $1000
Typing that I am going to buy a $1000 guitar does seem maybe out of place because I have stated that I am an amateur, but I would like a good quality guitar that will last.

I live in Scotland, so American vendors arent exactly an option.

I listen and play to 80s hair metal, grunge, and general heavy metal too.
So basically whitesnake, motley crue, alice in chains, nirvana, steel panther, megadeth, ratt, dokken, GWAR, iron maiden... you get the idea)

I was thinking of looking for a model with a fixed bridge so I can more easily change between 1 step down, 2 step down, and Drop D tunings etc... and use my Ibanez RG420 for standard tuning needs. FOR NOW. This will change in the future probably.

I looked into some strats and fixed bridge ibanez, and some shecters. The reviews on UG seem torn between those that actually own them and those who have just played them and hated them, so I thought i'd make a topic.

Sorry for such a big post, I wanted to provide you guys with decent info!
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks!
~ Jory

It is either that..... or a new amp...
I have a Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt at the moment, but that was mainly 2nd on my list. I was firstly gonna get a guitar that didnt take me 20min to setup per tuning :P
Kramer Pacer, Jackson Dinky, Epi LP standard, LTD EC 401, LTD George Lynch
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks guys. Yeah grunge sucks, but I LOVE Chains for whatever reason
I will look into these models