Page 1 of 3
Parents and onlookers are still coming to grips with the horrific scene they witnessed over the weekend at a youth basketball tournament game in Lakeville, Minn. As KARE 11, Fox 9, The Star Tribune and other media outlets throughout the state reported, 52-year-old Steven Wilson was arrested and charged with fifth-degree domestic assault after he reportedly grabbed his son and punched him in the face after a loss.

Witnesses reported seeing Wilson and his eighth-grade son -- whose name was not released -- walking down a hallway at Lakeville South (Minn.) High when the father grabbed the boy with one arm and began punching him in the face with the other.

Nearby parents had to physically intervene before the altercation was broken up. After calling local police to the scene, Wilson was arrested and spent the night in jail before posting $10,000 to get out without conditions.

The only positive news to come out of this disturbing situation was that Wilson's son didn't require medical attention.

"This assault is an example of particularly disturbing adult behavior on so many levels," Lakeville Police Chief Tom Vomhoff told KARE-11. "Parents attending youth sports events have such a great opportunity to be a positive role model for kids, and that is clearly not what happened here."

Parents attending the game told Fox 9 they hoped Wilson would be banned from games in the future. Quite honestly, seeing his son play in the future should be the least of Wilson's worries.

If charged, he faces a $3,000 fine and up to 90 days in jail. As the saying goes, everyone is innocent until proven guilty; but with so many parents witnessing the altercation, you hope Wilson gets what he deserves.

"It breaks your heart," onlooker Tara Falteysek told Fox 9. "I can't imagine how that young boy feels, that dad would do that to him -- and in front of friends."

Wilson is expected to be in court next month, but you hope between now and then that he seeks counseling and psychiatric help. He certainly needs it.

Was he really wrong for doing this?
I'm normally ok with corporal punishment, but that is really excessive and for a stupid reason.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Kid probably fucking deserved it.
Also, Steven Wilson? Hm.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It's his son so he's allowed to do whatever he wants with him.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
The guy clearly has issues, and should join a basketball team himself so his pathetic weak ass can get beat instead of projecting his shitty wishes onto his son.
Nearby parents had to physically intervene
Well how else were they going to intervene?

Telepathically?
I could understand if it was a football game. Basketball? Really?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by lushacrous
I'm normally ok with corporal punishment, but that is really excessive and for a stupid reason.

hmmmm 90 days in jail seems pretty light for punching your own kid in the face.

What a douche, that guy needs his ass kicked.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by Don_Humpador

Telepathically?

"Hey! Cut that out!"
Quote by Don_Humpador

Telepathically?

It would be the greatest news story ever if they did and it worked.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I know a ton of people that have gone to jail for consensual fights, no shit it's justified that you can't deck your kid for missing a shot lol.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
It's his son so he's allowed to do whatever he wants with him.

Buttercup I told you not to talk about your dad raping you in public
Was he wrong for punching his son in the face when he lost a basketball game?

That's a pretty tough one man.

After pondering this for many many hours i have decided...

OBVIOUSLY that kid deserved to get punched in the face. i mean he LOST A BASKETBALL GAME.
Quote by maddnotez
Buttercup I told you not to talk about your dad raping you in public

Oh, you're still alive. That's a disappointment.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I love parents that make their kid do what they themselves dreamed of and failed miserably on for their entire lives.
Quote by maddnotez
hmmmm 90 days in jail seems pretty light for punching your own kid in the face.

What a douche, that guy needs his ass kicked.

If his kid needed medical attention, then yeah, but in this case I think it's fitting.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

My dad punched me in the face when I was 12 while he was teaching me to drive stick. I suppose things are different when your truck's transmission is on the line. I learned to drive stick pretty fast, in retrospect.
Quote by lushacrous
If his kid needed medical attention, then yeah, but in this case I think it's fitting.

oh well...What a pussy.

If I punched a 13 yr old he would need medical attention.

That old guys a weak buttmunch
Quote by JustRooster
My dad punched me in the face when I was 12 while he was teaching me to drive stick. I suppose things are different when your truck's transmission is on the line. I learned to drive stick pretty fast, in retrospect.

and now you touch your dads stick like a pro
Quote by maddnotez

You keep telling yourself that.
Quote by Hasok
LOL basket.

Only in the USAFAIL.

Because in Africa, your dad probably isn't alive, and you're probably 12 years old with a gun in your hand.

USA definitely fails in that respect.
A father-son relationship based on fear and physical beatings over a petty, useless and inconsequential game.

Smart.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Quote by maddnotez
oh well...What a pussy.

That old guys a weak buttmunch

You can punch someone and not put all your power behind it...
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by maddnotez
and now you touch your dads stick like a pro

I thought I smelled Down Syndrome and body odor in this thread. Nice of you to show yourself.
Quote by lushacrous
You can punch someone and not put all your power behind it...

no you can't.

Not over a basketball game, that punch was full force.
Quote by JustRooster
I thought I smelled Down Syndrome and body odor in this thread. Nice of you to show yourself.

JustRooster - with the power to smell extra chromosomes!
Quote by JustRooster

lol body odor
not sure if you guys that are saying its ok to punch your kid in the face are trolling if you are, then i don't care.

But if you are serious then honestly i genuinely hope with every inch of my body that the thing you love most in life dies horribly in front of your eyes.
Last edited by wozzsta at Dec 15, 2011,
Quote by wozzsta
not sure if you guys that are saying its ok to punch your kid in the face, if you are trolling then i don't care.

But if you are serious then honestly i genuinely hope with every inch on my body that the thing you love most in life dies horribly in front of your eyes.

all 2 inches?
Quote by JustRooster

I don't know who he is, but his post made me lol.... stick toucher.
Hmmm...being a Porcupine Tree fan, I thought all Steven Wilsons in the world are awesome human beings.
Two bands I'm obsessed about : Coheed and Cambria.
Whipping your kid is one thing, but punching them in the face isn't really punishment, it's pretty much just assault. Especially over a basketball game's outcome.

I'd be a little less disturbed if the kid had been caught snorting coke or something that wasn't trivial in a very complete way, but this is just asinine. Lock his ass up, I say. The guy obviously doesn't understand severity.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
When I was younger and I played in rec league, there was a father who was the coach of his son's team, and he would always scream and hit him if he did something wrong. It was sad, but no one ever did anything
That's pathetic. Punches should be for your daughter. Your son is a man. At the very least, hit him with a crowbar or a fire extinguisher.
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 15, 2011,
Quote by wozzsta
not sure if you guys that are saying its ok to punch your kid in the face are trolling if you are, then i don't care.

But if you are serious then honestly i genuinely hope with every inch of my body that the thing you love most in life dies horribly in front of your eyes.

not sure if you guy that is saying you hope my turtle dies are trolling if you are, then i don't care.

But if you are serious then honestly i genuinely hope with every inch of my body that the thing you love most in life gets punched in the face for being bad at sports in front of your eyes.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Page 1 of 3