Page 1 of 2
LOL I've been emailing guitar companies to see if they will hire me to design new bass and electric guitars for them I have tons of designs, both guitars and basses. But they never reply back... sad face

I just thought LEFTY guitar players could use a few different styled body guitars since there isn't that many. And my designs don't need that real expensive and exotic wood to make them look good. Which means you don't have to pay 3,000 bucks for a bass like warwick charges, or 1,500 for a good guitar.

I got three bass designs posted here... whats your opinion???? One is not finished its just a template but you can image what it would look like complete. I SO WOULD START MY OWN GUITAR COMPANY IF I HAD THE MONEY!!! AND EVERY MODEL WOULD BE ALSO MADE FOR THE LEFTY

http://dreamwakebass.blogspot.com/
lol bass

also, I don't find those designs to be very original nor very nice looking.

Good luck nonetheless.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I quite like some of the designs, but they aren't particularly original (they seem to be based off of existing designs). Also, since you're sending them to a company they could just take your designs and use/adapt them, without involve you at all. Just sayin'.
I like those last 2 designs. The rest are kinda meh, but not bad. Start off small and take small steps. If you keep to it, there's a chance you could get your own shop at the least.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
lol bass

also, I don't find those designs to be very original nor very nice looking.

Good luck nonetheless.

umm I don't see alot of original guitars being made, Lot of people just copy other peoples designs when they build there custom guitars for example they want a custom Gibson Sg well why not make your own?

Actually there very original, I didn't copy no one. The poplar one looks more traditional.
The other two I posted are meant for someone who really wants something different
Quote by amaranthine
umm I don't see alot of original guitars being made, Lot of people just copy other peoples designs when they build there custom guitars for example they want a custom Gibson Sg well why not make your own?

Actually there very original, I didn't copy no one. The poplar one looks more traditional.
The other two I posted are meant for someone who really wants something different

Just because you made them yourself doesn't mean the design is original. If I write a song that sounds exactly like a Metallica song I can hardly say it's original even if I did write it all by myself without ripping Metallica off as intention can I?
How old are you? If you are really serious about it, you could get a business loan. But before doing that you need to do a lot of research to determine how much money everything will cost. (tools, woods, facilities, other materials).

Also, you would have to be a capable luthier or no one would want them...
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by Lordyboy
I quite like some of the designs, but they aren't particularly original (they seem to be based off of existing designs). Also, since you're sending them to a company they could just take your designs and use/adapt them, without involve you at all. Just sayin'.

I don't see much of anything like this for sale at music123, I know they could just use them
Quote by shikkaka
How old are you? If you are really serious about it, you could get a business loan. But before doing that you need to do a lot of research to determine how much money everything will cost. (tools, woods, facilities, other materials).

Also, you would have to be a capable luthier or no one would want them...

I'm 22, I know where to get wood workers but the CNC stuff is so expensive, thats why I don't want to start my own buisness I don't care if its a small company
Quote by amaranthine

It's very hard to compete with Strats, Les Pauls, Superstrats, SG's etc. Those designs are so popular because they are so close to perfect. And it's hard to improve on perfection. So you have to find a flaw in those designs and correct it. That's the easy bit anyway. But trying to convince people a Les Paul you have designed is better than the Gibson original is gunna be stupidly hard. I know that's all guitars, but it applies to bass too.
Quote by willT08
Unless you've e-mailed BC Rich, I'm not sure why you'd be expecting replies.

haha nice one.

But seriously those are pretty cool designs. IMO No one replies to you because they are thinking psh who is this guy?

You need connections and if you do not have them you have to make a name for yourself.

Start building, maybe find another luthier. Someone thats really really good and collaborate. Once you have an affordable bad ass guitar to offer the rest will fall into place within time.

The chances of you randomly getting a job offer by any big company are slim to none unless you know someone or they know you.

DIY!!!!

Not to mention the long term rewards would be so much better than having another company get all your hard earned profits.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
sounds like you're looking for easy cash, but an existing company isn't going to care about the "cool guitar designs" in your email. it's kinda like people approaching george clooney telling him their movie ideas.

what you can do is get an apprenticeship or internship under a trained professional luthier and learn from him while you gain credentials and eventually steal his job.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

also you might get more replies in building section of the forum
not that my opinion matters (or anyone elses' on here) but i don't think you should strive to be so different. forced originality looks worse than an attempt at recreating the same classic designs. in other words i think your designs look like total ass but i respect that you're able to follow through and create what started as a mental conception. so good for you man, keep trying.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
It's very hard to compete with Strats, Les Pauls, Superstrats, SG's etc. Those designs are so popular because they are so close to perfect. And it's hard to improve on perfection. So you have to find a flaw in those designs and correct it. That's the easy bit anyway. But trying to convince people a Les Paul you have designed is better than the Gibson original is gunna be stupidly hard. I know that's all guitars, but it applies to bass too.

I think too many people have an attachment to those guitars, Everyone plays the same thing, Don't people want something different, two of them are specifically for metal heads. I don't know where this one guy says my guitars are unoriginal. I don't see them for sell on musicians friend or guitar center.

I think they sound good, if only I had a better amp lol
Your designs are bad and you should feel bad.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
You're designs are good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they are anything that special - they just look like more classic shapes with sharper edges. Still, don't fix what aint broke You could however focus on guitar paint designs if you really want to be involved in this section of the business.
Quote by Basti95
Just...don't ask the Pit.

That's a general rule in life, don't.

YOUR ARE SO RIGHT too many close minded people
Quote by amaranthine

guitar companies rarely bring out radicaly new guitar designs because they'd have to spend alot of money paying designers and setting up new factory lines, along with the fact that the guitar shapes seen so often these days are tried and tested, they work well and appeal to almost everybody.
Quote by amaranthine
YOUR ARE SO RIGHT too many close minded people

So.. you come in and ask for help and opinions. People are honest with their opinions. And then you call everyone who does not agree with you close minded?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
So.. you come in and ask for help and opinions. People are honest with their opinions. And then you call everyone who does not agree with you close minded?

$5 says thread closed within the hour.

Im with the builder. I like different screw you and your Fender strat
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

no, but I do think you are, I don't see how my designs are unoriginal, I don't care if you don't like them. Do you see something like this for sale on the guitar sites, I would like to start my own small guitar company but there is financial reasons. I wouldn't make a whole lot cause everyone wants the same guitar, a typical fender, a typical les paul ect.
Quote by pedromiles101
start your own guitar company
im a lefty and id like some more variety.

thats what I would like to do, I have way more designs than three I posted maybe I should just do lefty guitars and piss the rightys off
Quote by maddnotez

$5 says thread closed within the hour.

Im with the builder. I like different screw you and your Fender strat

ME TOO
I want the guitar in your Avatar but only put the shoulders on both sides. Like a metalized SG. Badass, I got dibs
TS, you can also wish in one hand and crap in the other. I think you know the rest of that saying.
Quote by amaranthine
thats what I would like to do, I have way more designs than three I posted maybe I should just do lefty guitars and piss the rightys off

now thats just bullshit..

Hey Im gonna fwd this to Zacharyguitars he might hire you after reading that.
Quote by amaranthine
no, but I do think you are, I don't see how my designs are unoriginal, I don't care if you don't like them. Do you see something like this for sale on the guitar sites, I would like to start my own small guitar company but there is financial reasons. I wouldn't make a whole lot cause everyone wants the same guitar, a typical fender, a typical les paul ect.

Your designs are not very original, they all instantly reminded me of existing guitars. Not saying that's a bad thing or anything.
Quote by amaranthine

So, you don't care what potential customers think of your guitars?

That's real clever if you want to open a small company on your own.

And as someone else said, the reason these designs might not be at existing stores are because most people find them ugly? originality for the sake of being original is just lame.
They haven't replied to you because they're actually now just making your designs themselves.

lol bass

Wouldn't bother with the silly small 6 string things though, very few of the geezers that play those things seem to have much taste for a nice design.

(Invalid img)
Quote by Ziphoblat
They haven't replied to you because they're actually now just making your designs themselves.

Wouldn't bother with the silly small 6 string things though, very few of the geezers that play those things seem to have much taste for a nice design.

I like the designs. Keep up the good work.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
There's a reason you aren't seeing designs like yours in music stores.... people like the shapes Gibson fender and Ibanez are putting out, they're comfortable and they work, yours look heavy uncomfortable and the first bass is clearly a Rickenbacker lookalike. You're thinking to small and are designing shapes that you like, not that people would buy.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by amaranthine
I think too many people have an attachment to those guitars, Everyone plays the same thing, Don't people want something different, two of them are specifically for metal heads. I don't know where this one guy says my guitars are unoriginal. I don't see them for sell on musicians friend or guitar center.

I think they sound good, if only I had a better amp lol

Why reinvent something that works perfectly well already? People aren't gunna buy your stuff if it doesn't do something better than what's already out there. Your guitars look good and you've obviously put a lot of time into making them. I respect that. But, they look like something BC Rich would put out.

How do your basses stand out from others? Why would I want to buy yours over say a Fender Jazz Bass or some other popular bass?
I takes a lot of time to get proper recognition in the guitar design industry.
I believe design works like song writing, work on it, try different designs, some might fail but some might just stick in the eye of someone with a fat wallet in his pocket.

Also, a proper Luthier formation could help a lot.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Page 1 of 2