My amp is a Raven RG100

I play through a Digitech RP155 effect pedal and a Kirk Hammet Wah

At first it sounds great but after about 5 minutes of playing this strange interference type noise comes on. Im thinking it could be the amp but it is brand new and my friend has the same amp and his does it to

The amps are located in my basement, and ive tried many different things to try and find out what the problem might be...

Do you think it could be the basement, something in the electrical? or could it just be the crappy raven amps.

Any suggestions are must needed...thanks in advance
if both amps do it (assuming you've plugged them in at different places) might just be the amps
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try the process of elimination. Check the grounding in your wall plug.
Get one of those cheap wall plug testers.
Remove all pedals and plug directly into amp.
If the problem persists check the cable or try a different one. If it's still there
after that you have now got it down to the guitar your using or the amp.
Buy a cheap multimeter with a continuity check function. Check your cables.
Check to make sure your guitar and the strings on it are grounded properly.
If you still cannot find the problem after all that. Try plugging your guitar into
a known good amp even if you have to cart if up to the local guitar and amp store.
If you guitar plays fine through a known good amp then your amp is the problem.
Raven amps aren't exactly known for their high quality.
Last edited by sparkeyjames at Dec 15, 2011,
Quote by sparkeyjames
Try the process of elimination. Check the grounding in your wall plug.
Get one of those cheap wall plug testers.
Remove all pedals and plug directly into amp.
If the problem persists check the cable or try a different one. If it's still there
after that you have now got it down to the guitar your using or the amp.
Buy a cheap multimeter with a continuity check function. Check your cables.
Check to make sure your guitar and the strings on it are grounded properly.
If you still cannot find the problem after all that. Try plugging your guitar into
a known good amp even if you have to cart if up to the local guitar and amp store.
If you guitar plays fine through a known good amp then your amp is the problem.
Raven amps aren't exactly known for their high quality.

I have tried most of those but there is a few that i still need to try....I will be back with the results

thank you!
have you tried your amp at someone elses house?

Those amps are very poorly built. So it could be the amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate