Hi,
I've acquired a Peavey T-60 lately with the intention of fixing the electronics (only the neck pickup works and the phase switch has snapped off). When I went to open it however, the pickup rings were so badly cracked (no idea why, maybe previous owner was too heavy handed with the screws?) they broke into several pieces. They are non-standard; they have two screws to hold the humbuckers in on each side as opposed to the usual one and I can't find a replacement. Does anybody know where I can buy such a part (in pounds, I'm in the UK). Thanks in advance
That's super strange, looks kinda like they were tightened too much. Guitar looks slick btw.

No idea where to buy them, but I would take this opportunity to make custom pickup rings.
Quote by &baconstrips
That's super strange, looks kinda like they were tightened too much. Guitar looks slick btw.

No idea where to buy them, but I would take this opportunity to make custom pickup rings.

Hmm, It's not actually mine, so I don't really want to spend too much. The story is my music teacher has a couple of beat-up old guitars in the cupboard at my school which barely ever get played, I gave this one a play and decided I liked it and offered to fix it. Although it only works on the neck pickup at the moment, I've realized it has a really nice tone, it also has this cool feature where the humbuckers split into single coils when the tone goes past 7. I'm going to offer to swap it for one of my less-beloved guitars :P. If this is allowed then I think I'll take your suggestion and make some custom rings

EDIT:
I think you are right about over-tightening, the screws holding in the pickguard were nearly impossible to get out by hand, and there's about 20 of them!
Last edited by itz4mna at Dec 15, 2011,
if your school shop has a cnc or a milling machine, it should be really easy to make pickup rings.

Sounds like some seriously weird wiring in there. Definitely try to find a schematic for it before messing around too much.
sounds like if you can find some with one hole that are the right size, drill a few more! Granted, I'll look a bit ugly. :p
*insert witty statement here*
Quote by &baconstrips
if your school shop has a cnc or a milling machine, it should be really easy to make pickup rings.

Sounds like some seriously weird wiring in there. Definitely try to find a schematic for it before messing around too much.

I found a schematic for it, but the wiring of the guitar seems to have been modified somewhat, after taking a decent look I'm not sure the phase switch is actually that anymore. My school hasn't got a CNC machine so I think I'll have to take metalhead352's suggestion about the pickup rings. Oh yeah, and I had a talk with my music teacher and I get to keep the guitar
Cool, you should continue this thread with your progress, I want to see how it turns out.

Also, the pickups look pretty weird and might not be standard humbucker size. You could always make the pickup rings by hand with a chisel or something. Or possibly laser cut some acrylic. Sorry if I sound douchy mentionning all these fancy tools, I guess my high school had a fairly baller shop.
Quote by &baconstrips
Cool, you should continue this thread with your progress, I want to see how it turns out.

Also, the pickups look pretty weird and might not be standard humbucker size. You could always make the pickup rings by hand with a chisel or something. Or possibly laser cut some acrylic. Sorry if I sound douchy mentionning all these fancy tools, I guess my high school had a fairly baller shop.

Just ordered a replacement switch, when that's all done I'll measure it all up and see if they are standard humbuckers. I'll post a video when it's done, you can get some pretty interesting sounds from it That'll probably be some time in the new year though, I'm away over Christmas. You don't sound douchy, I guess not that many people take D&T at my school or something...