So i have aquaintances who i cant really call friends, because i know they would never call me back if i didnt instigate things, and dont like me as a person. My family are the same and wont contact me unless i do first. I am not getting an invite to my family christmas it is that bad. I havent done anything to deserve this..my family are just pretentious snobs and im the 'unsuccessful' black sheep musician of the family.

So, it is hard to be on my own, especially at this time of year, but i feel i cannot degrade myself to invite myself to a christmas party or to friends partys i havent been invited to. I am actually a really nice person and deserve good family and friends but sadly dont have them.
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Dec 15, 2011,
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
I am actually a really nice person and deserve good family and friends.

Don't forget humble.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
... ok?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
You think it is arrogant to say you are a nice person mate?

Like all my posts, I was joking. Though it is kinda douchey to say what you think you deserve.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
Like all my posts, I was joking. Though it is kinda douchey to say what you think you deserve.

Ive been suffering from depresson and have had suicidal thoughts because of my relationships recently so not trying to be arrogant.
You think there's a reason they don't call you?

Maybe you're not as nice of a person as you see yourself?
from what i have learnt people will only put in as much effort with you as you put in with them, if u wanna get an invite to stuff you need to be friends with them, same with family stuff. it not people dont like you and dont/wont return calls, its just your not a big part of their life because they have they own lives to live.

you need to make yourself part of their life, my mates who i havnt seen for a year or two arnt gonna place me in the front of their mind if i give um a call if they have a misses or other people to hang out with.

Its life thats how it works, you need to put the effort in.

if i wanna catch up with a old school buddy of mine, ill call, or most likely send him a msg on facebook, saying hey dude how is it? or something along the line of that, when he replys just chat have a convo ask what he is doing on the week end see if he is out if he want to meet up for a drink and a catch up or some shit. ya know
Last edited by wozzsta at Dec 15, 2011,
People can't read your mind, so don't complain about people not being nice enough to invite you. If you really want something, go for it, since inviting yourself is better than being alone and be sad about it.
It doesn't seem like you want to stay home for christmas when you call them "pretentious snobs"...

Wait a minute... why did you make this thread??
Last edited by JB95 at Dec 15, 2011,
My closest family member is a 4 hour flight away. I'm 24, have 2 degrees and over $25,000 in debt and I still can't find a job pertaining to my major. I don't have a girlfriend, I live alone, and my closest friends are about an hour away and if I'm lucky, I get to see them when they come to visit for the monday night american football game. I go literally days without speaking to anyone unless I'm at work. I don't get upset though because honestly "c'est la vie" man.
Things are tough sometimes dude, especially around the holidays. But you got to be resilient and most importantly you have to be aware that only YOU can change that. Go and speak with your family and make a compromise because, I mean hell they gave birth to you and raised you and honestly they didn't have to do either if they really hate you so much. Go and meet some new friends, I know it's easier said than done but you're going to have to do it eventually.
I'm not trying to say that my situation is worse than yours but I think they are similar. And it's easy to see that the way I handle it is VERY different than the way you do and because of it I am happy. And plus man, if you're on this forum you're a musician and I once heard a great line: "If you know how to play guitar, you'll never be lonely". I think that's 100% true.

In Summary: Keep your head up, and fight to obtain the life/family/friends that you want to be around you.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)