Just something that has been bugging me, so I wonder if anyone can give me an answer? I was just wondering if there is a correlation between singing and whistling. I've never tried really singing (I've joked around, but that's it), but today, when I was just messing around and whistling some melodies of songs to myself, I noticed I was doing pretty damn good (hitting the correct pitches, getting pitch bends, etc.). So I was just wondering what the transition would be like between singing and whistling? I realize they are different, but I was wondering if people who are good at singing tend to be good at whistling, and vice versa. Maybe I should give singing a try...
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

I can sing but I can't whistle for shit...so maybe?
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
I can whistle a song in the correct key just from memory fine and dandy but i can't sing for shit. It's not that its out of tune , more just my voice souding crap.
Whistling involves shape of your lips and little else, whereas singing involves mostly your vocal chords and breathing so I'm afraid I'd guess there is little overlap.
it means that you have a sense of relative pitch.
But that doesn't mean that you can sing the notes you whistle, because you haven't developed your vocal skills yet.
I can't whistle for shit. Literally. I can't whistle, it just comes out as a blowing sound.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

No, not at all...... lol i can't even whistle one note but can sing really well

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave
I dont wanna die, Im a god, why cant I live on?
When the life giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
Im a slave to the power of death

Member Of The Jagermeister Fan Club
I am the greatest whistler in the world but I am the worst singer ever.

Why don't you just sing and find out for yourself?
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412