I was digging through my attic today and found a kinda beat up strat style body, hoping it was a fender i pulled it out to find it was a Yamaha. I was wondering if anyone owns or has played one of these and if you did how is the tone and is it worth putting the little extra money to string and get a new channel switch?
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
... What the hell is experecent?

From what I remember of the guitar though, it's alright. Not really that great. If you want to string it, go for it. Strings are cheap .
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by Nico the Great
... What the hell is experecent?

From what I remember of the guitar though, it's alright. Not really that great. If you want to string it, go for it. Strings are cheap .

I really can't spell, That's the American educational system for ya.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Cloudkicker
I really can't spell, That's the American educational system for ya.

blame the school not the student right?

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
blame the school not the student right?

I don't know everything about books, fuckin' libraries man.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Ive got one I picked up used 20 years ago for $50 if I recall. Solid Mahogany body and neck with Rosewood Frets. Light action, and hold's a tune forever. Its a heavy tank, and very solid feeling. Put some strings on it and play it, I like the Ernie Ball Super Slinky's on mine. It was only a $200 dollar guitar 30 years ago of so. But mine was built very well for the money. You would have to spend much more than that to find a comparable guitar today.
Fender MIA HSS Fat Strat
Yamaha SE200 (Strat Wannabee)
Fender DG22CE
I have an se200 which I bought in 1984 and an se300 which I bought a few years ago. These are great guitars and solid build. The only fault is the original pickups which are weak. Put some good modern high output hot pickups on this guitar and it will blow you away.

These are good guitars, a lot of the hardware is japanese but these were assembled out of the Yamaha Taiwan factory hence the lower price at the time. You would have to pay a lot for something of this build quality today! Im a big fan as you can see!