Hey guys... I decided to make a partscaster from a couple of first act guitars I had kicking around. One pickup, Stratocaster-style trem, distressed neck, and my favorite feature.... It's Fretless!!!!!!! That's right. Double Bass ain't got nothin' on me. The reason I call it the disastercaster... Well, I had a screw go through the neck, cracking the fretboard (As shown). I also broke the two left screws, leaving about an eighth of an inch off the neck. I think it might have actually worked out quite well, the neck is attached, but it gives an angle that doesn't make the strings buzz. I've got 4 strings on it, the bottom two are flatwounds, now they're all used and the sound is pretty meh. I might put up some soundclips but it's nothing special.

This is my first build. It's not a real build... hopefully the next one will be a little more accustomed to "me".

Now should I float the trem? Decisions, Decisions.......
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Dec 15, 2011,
When I build another one (That's not a first act partscaster) I promise to burn it... and I'll even take pics!
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by ApatheticMe
make it a video and we have a deal...lolz

what is that bass?

lookz smexy....

An epiphone. Nothing special but it goes bwoom bwoom.

Deal
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I'll burn it when I can build myself a new Fretless!!!!!! I need a break from playing frets... I always end up playing too fast and it sounds like jibberish. Fretless is a lot warmer and helps me slow down a lot. But I already promised a vid! hahaha.

Here's the neck joint I was talking about

And the broken screws

You can sort of see the screws inside.. I was a dummy and didn't lube up the screws before I set them, and I think that's why they broke. All four of them are in there, but I'm loosing a LOT of resonance...

... Not that it's spectacular first act tone is something I miss
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Last edited by bastards at Dec 15, 2011,
Yes I most certainly did Timbit
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q