I have a 6505+ and im trying to record from the mic simulated direct out from an xlr into a headphone jack into my computer. Im using a macbook, and the headphone jack can be switch from line in or out. I have it on line in. I just want to record some tracks in logic, but im not getting any sound at all on the input. But my speaker for the amp is fine. No matter how loud i turn up i get nothing. What can I do to make this work? dont have the money for an interface.
WHat operating system are you using?

edit: Sorry, re-read it you're using Mac. Sorry, I can't help with Mac. If it was Window's I could fix that for you

On Windows, I would select your headphone jack as "Default Communication Device" and then then in the properties menu of where your sound options are in the control panel of your line-in jack you'd select the option "Listen to this device."

Don't know if that's help for Mac, google something like "How to record my line in on Mac"
Last edited by AJScott at Dec 15, 2011,
In Logic do you have your line in set as your input for the track you are recording to? Also, have you selected and armed a track to record too?
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Quote by KillRoy Ver 3.0
In Logic do you have your line in set as your input for the track you are recording to? Also, have you selected and armed a track to record too?

Yes, I record from a line 6 with the line out and it works fine. Just cant get the mic simulated out to work on my 6505+
Quote by xX.Homesick.Xx
Yes, I record from a line 6 with the line out and it works fine. Just cant get the mic simulated out to work on my 6505+

if thats the situation, then it can't be a problem with the computer settings
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by surjer
What adaptor are you using to convert the XLR jack to an 1/8" jack?

I'm using an XLR to guitar 1/4 and a 1/4 to 1/8 straight into the mac's input.