Page 1 of 4
So, I've been gear whoring it up the last month and have lots of new goodies. I'll do the guitar in the first post, mapz in the second and pedals whenever I get around to it.

First up is a Suhr Modern 7.

Shit is the bomb. Easily the nicest playing 7 string I've ever played. Set up was perfect right out of the box. The pickups are a bit dark though so I'll be replacing them with some BKP Painkillers. Body is made of mahogany, neck is mahogany, fret board is pao ferro.

It weighs like 5 pounds. Crazy light and delicious. Sounds massive unplugged. The OFR stays in tune nicely. Lubz this shit.

Price paid: $2899 shipped
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'll do mapz in order of increasing epicness. First up is an Orange Thunderverb 50.

This shit is also the bomb. Cleans are kind of meh, especially compared to my other new amps but the gain channel is really thick and tasty. Perfect for doom/sludge/stoner stuff. Reverb sounds really nice. Nicely built, kinda heavy. The shape control on channel B is surprisingly useful and effective. No need for a 3 band EQ.

Price paid: $1100 shipped

Next is a CAA OD100 Standard.

This amp is awesome. Really nice hot rodded Marshall gain channel. Can do everything up to VH and then some. Then kick in the built in tube boost and it can do modern metal no problem. No joke, the boosted second channel nails Mastodon's tone on Crack the Skye. Just flat out awesome. Really articulate with some snarly mids. Low end is simply massive. You'll shit bricks when you hear it.

The cleans are also to die for. As good as the best Fender Twin I've ever played. Just really pristine and sparkly with just the right amount of compression. Honestly, the amp is worth the price for either channel. The fact that both are absolutely killer is just icing on the cake.

Price paid: $1900 shipped

Last amp is a Diezel Hagen.

These are fairly new, just released last summer (mine's number 18). IMO, it's Peter Diezel's masterpiece. All 4 channels are extremely usable, the cleans being as good as those of the CAA even. The second channel covers hot rodded Marshall stuff, the third gets super br00t4l and the fourth is just outrageous. Massive amounts of gain but an ass ton of clarity. You can dime the gain on channel 4 and play 13 chords and hear every note. For when you wanna do jazz with lots of gain.

It's got 3 FX loops. One series always on, one series switchable and a parallel. Two switchable master volumes. Lots of really cool features.

It's got a really nice low mid emphasis that I love. Super fat. The lows are massive as well, though not quite as in your face as the CAA.

Price paid: $3600 shipped
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Hartman Flanger, shit is awesome. Crazy lush, nails David Gilmour and Andy Summers tones. It's really big though.

Price paid: $200 shipped

Blackout Effectors Whetstone, shit is also awesome. Does every phase tone you could want. Only downside is it's ****ing massive.

Skinpimp Buzzaround, really massive sounding fuzz. Like a really tight Tone Bender that can get both smoother and gnarlier.

BJFe Sea Blue EQ, adds a bit of sparkle and niceness to my cleans. Kind of expensive for what it does but it's cool. Looks pretty too. Finish is really fragile though.

Maxon ST-9, it's like the best Tubescreamer ever. It's similar to the TS9/808/etc. but with an active mid control that boosts a frequency (variable from 300Hz to 2kHz) 8dB pre-clipping. Super rare, only made in 1984 in limited quantities.

Price paid: $260 shipped

Dr. Scientist The Elements, really br00t4l distortion that can also serve as a clean boost, EQ, low gain drive, fuzz, etc. Does everything well, really low noise, awesome build quality, sexy graphics.

Price paid: $190 shipped

Diamond Memory Lane 2, really nice analog delay with switchable delay times and tap tempo. Really warm, really nice build quality. Very sexy gold finish.

Skreddy Cognitive Dissonance MKIII, best Muff I've ever played. Really smooth and articulate but also sounds ****ing massive. Low noise and nice build too.

Empress Compressor, best compressor ever. Really transparent, low noise, great feature set.

Eventide Space, best reverb ever. Does everything. Some really spacey sounds available in this one.

Analog Man Beano Boost, really nice treble booster with mid and flat boost options. Nice PTP build, NKT transistors.

Price paid: One Fuzz Face build and $30 cash

The four D*A*M pedals (Meathead Deluxe, Super Bee, Drag'n'Fly, Sonic Titan) are all really nice. Low noise, massive sounding stoner fuzzes and distortion.

ISP Decimator, makes my shit quiet.

ZVex Wah Probe, really nice sounding wah. Don't know why people say it's unpractical. It's really easy to use.

Providence Anadime Chorus, really lush chorus without the cheese.

Providence Sonic Drive, like a nice Tubescreamer. Debating about whether or not I'll keep this one.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Dec 15, 2011,
****ing hate you
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
meh
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I like this thread. None of this trolly "Oh, there's a brown box in the mail. Whatever could it be? Here's a shot of the headstock, I think it's a Squier" bullshit. Just straight to the point, condensed awesomeness.

Thanks for sharing.
But wheres the Vypyr tube and Schecter?
Thats one damn great HNGD to you sir!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
HNG&AD! Enjoy them all!

Strange looking knobs on the Diezel, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
****ing redonk....
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by rokket2005
you got plans for the suhr pups?

Nope. Was gonna dump them in my pickup bucket.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Next is a CAA OD100 Standard.

Wow. A tube amp so advanced it doesn't even have a power/standby switches. Let me guess, you turn it on with brainwaves, right?
#jealous
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Wow. A tube amp so advanced it doesn't even have a power/standby switches. Let me guess, you turn it on with brainwaves, right?

or they are in back like on Fender amps...
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by Ian_the_fox

they on the back...

like almost every fender ever.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
if i stumble upon some money in the near future I'd be happy to take them off your hands if your willing to sell them

sweet amps too,,, have you run them all at once yet? That was one of my favorite things when I had the cabs for it.
Quote by mmolteratx
Nope. Was gonna dump them in my pickup bucket.

you might need to change the name from 'pickup bucket' to 'pot of gold'

omfg, epic epic ngd from hell. redic. i missed a few pics while they were loading, i am gonna go back and stare at them. happy ngd dude.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by lbj273
or they are in back like on Fender amps...
I would have never guessed! Thank you for solving such a complicated puzzle that would have kept me from sleeping tonight. I owe you, good sir.
where's the SLO?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Sick!

Still wanna try a Hagen, but I probably won't replace my Herbert with one if I like it better, until the prices come down a bit and I can get a near even swap

Was kinda disappoint on the Suhr though The headstock looked cool, then the body was just plain
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com

Can you give any good commentary on how the Hagen compares/contrasts with the VH4? I guess, specifically how tight/responsive it is?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by joe_k
oh man this guy wants to start with Dom. Frank i think we might need a favour......

nah its cool, he wants to build an amp with light bulbs for tubes, I think I can handle it
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by Offworld92

Can you give any good commentary on how the Hagen compares/contrasts with the VH4? I guess, specifically how tight/responsive it is?

+311 More comparison with the VH4's Channels 3 and 4, please, in addition to what you posted in the WTLT thread. I live in Channel 3.
Page 1 of 4