I have locking tuners on my Gibson, Grovers, and like them for the ease of changing strings. I have a made in Mexico Stratocaster that has the original tuners on it. I am considering changing these to Schaller locking tuners. Is there anything I should know before doing this myself? Are there any other choices for the tuners that I should consider?
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II, Seymour Duncan Jazz and '59.
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Mesa 5:50 Express
Egnator Rebel 30
Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18
well my MIA deluxe strat came with fender/schaller locking tuners - so schaller style are what suit strats best, in terms of fit and look. Mine are great btw
Schallers are as good as any and better than most. You might also look at Sperzel and Planet Waves if you want to save money, but the Schallers are better than both.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Silver Hilton
I have locking tuners on my Gibson, Grovers, and like them for the ease of changing strings. I have a made in Mexico Stratocaster that has the original tuners on it. I am considering changing these to Schaller locking tuners. Is there anything I should know before doing this myself? Are there any other choices for the tuners that I should consider?

I put some on my MIM Strat. It was dead-easy and made a big difference. I'd definitely recommend it.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.