so guys i have a viper shaped guitar and when i play standing up it neck dives (common issue) so... is it "safe to put the strap button in the bolt on neck screw ? i play everything from E standard to Db tuning
I don't think it will be a problem to do that. Keyword THINK. Although I don't think it will help either, it's basically in the same position. Anyway, most SG shaped guitars are neck-heavy so it will do this, it comes as a con with the shape.
I've done it to my viper. No problems yet. I've also found that certain straps will keep your guitar in place. If you find a strap with untreated leather on the inside it tends to grip a lot better. Maybe try that first so u don't have to go drilling into your guitar.
Quote by Maximo33
I've done it to my viper. No problems yet. I've also found that certain straps will keep your guitar in place. If you find a strap with untreated leather on the inside it tends to grip a lot better. Maybe try that first so u don't have to go drilling into your guitar.

i actually have this kind of strap but it pulls mi shirt =(
you could also add some weight to your strap on the back end... I've added fishing weights to one of mine. its easy enough to add enough weight to completely prevent neck dive without having it so heavy that it bothers you. there are also companies that make straps specifically designed to help with neck dive