Do you buy the floor model you tried or do you ask for One from the stock room?

I've been advised both ways...
Very simplified:

Floor model: You can find the flaws in the guitar.

Stock: Hasn't been mucked around with; a "virgin" guitar; do not know flaws.

Solution: Ask for a stock guitar from the back, and play that one for and hour or two/how much time you have on hand. if the store really wants to sell you the guitar, they should be fine. A guitar on the floor should be considered "used", IMO.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
probably depends on the store, but the ones I know it's what is out, you buy the one you played. That's what I prefer.
---
Usually floor models.
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
I've read that if you like the floor model, then take it. I just wonder how many hands have been on it.
Quote by deepfat
I've read that if you like the floor model, then take it. I just wonder how many hands have been on it.

How many hands have been on the shelf you touched at wal-mart? Hundreds, thousands? As long as nothing's wrong with the guitar, get it. I've only had 1 guitar that wasn't a floor model. Local GC is pretty small so they don't have much in stock.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC

How many hands have been on the shelf you touched at wal-mart? Hundreds, thousands? As long as nothing's wrong with the guitar, get it. I've only had 1 guitar that wasn't a floor model. Local GC is pretty small so they don't have much in stock.

I don't mean it as if I'm some germaphobe or anything only that the instrument becomes "used" instead of "new" if it's been on the floor.
there's nothing wrong with a floor model. the worst could be is maybe some minor belt marks on the back... usually people are pretty respectful when it comes to that. but then again i'm in montana. i dono about some mega store shop. but it's not like there's gonna be some hidden flaw that you don't know about if you play it then and there. so why waste time playing a guitar you don't plan on buying..
Don"t Be A Bitch.
Would anyone buy a car without test driving one? Even the best manufacturers make defective ones, so check out every fret and every angle personally
Generally speaking, if I like the floor model, I buy that, but if you like the sound and theres a visual defect that you dislike, ask to try one of the stock ones if your minds set. If the clerk declines. Walk out the door. Never test a floor model then buy a stock without testing it.
Oasis nut
Gear: Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Ej-200, Peavey Studio Pro 40, Digitech RP55, Boss ME-20. Too many pedals to list.
Latest additions: epiphone ej-200, boss me-20

Quote by DAiMIteHan

Am I old enough to wear this fist in school?
ill buy hte floor model if i like how that one plays
but ive asked for some from the back when the floor model had something i didnt like baout it(fretwear, and such)
Quote by hawk5211
Yup. Never buy one off the floor.

Why? There's nothing wrong with buying a floor model (unless it does have a ding). I work in a guitar store. The ones sitting in the back usually aren't at proper tension or set up at all, since they haven't been opened. You aren't going to get herpes from the floor model.

Amps are a totally different story.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
I just walk in, tell them to order something in, then I walk away, pockets lighter, ready to go home and set it up.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Quote by 3074326
You aren't going to get herpes from the floor model.

The thought of this

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I buy whichever they let me try (if I like, of course)
To Mr. Rikard Sundén,

Please come back - Sabaton needs you!
I'll buy a floor model guitar without making a fuss but I would rather get an amp from the stock room
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
buy the floor model if theres nothing wrong with it. hell, if theres minor cosmetic damage, you'll get a discount!

that being said, never buy a floor model amp. it'll just be closer to a re-tube.