I want to upgrade my amp. My gear is listed in my sig. I also have a way huge swollen pickle which I am going to use as my main drive "channel".

I need a very simple single channel amp. Don't care about bells and whistles. I need lots of headroom, so 50W/100W would be best. My budget is 1000 USD. Don't think genre really matters since I already have the pedals that make up my sound, I just need a good foundation for that sound.

I need this amp to be as transparent and as simple as possible. No master volume, just post-gain, and pre-gain, and eq. In the past, i've had amps with a british souns, so i am partial to that. But I could probably handle American as well.

i am not looking for a lot of gain. i would prefer mid to low gain. i plan to keep my signal clean, with just a little bit of dirt.

summary: need a new amp. want headroom, simplicity, transparency, one channel, not high gain, budget 1000 USD.

or best alternative to a JCM 800 (in the interest of saving money). Thanks for any suggestions!
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Fender twin reverb
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I was on a similar quest a while ago, but on a significantly smaller budget. Found the Tech 21 power engine 60 while I was looking. Its essentially a 60W ss power amp in a 112 cab with an active 3 band eq that doesn't colour your signal at all. You can also daisy chain them indefinitely. They're about 340USD, so you could get 2 of them and have a super transparent 120w of power.
http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/powerengine/powerengine60.html

There's also the Atomic Reactor, which is essentially a 50w tube equivalent with a 1" tweeter and 4" horn for 800USD.
http://www.atomicamps.com/products.htm

edit: In the end I bought a Yamaha JX50 and now I almost always use the amp's overdrive instead of pedals.
Last edited by &baconstrips at Dec 15, 2011,
^that's pretty cool. If only there were a way to test these kinds of things before making the choice of buying.

JCM800 always sounds mighty tasty though...
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's