So at some point soon I'm going to do an over hall on my green EC-1000. Long story short I'm going to do all gold hardware, the nut is all jacked up so I'm going to have my tech put a hand made bone one on there to top this beauty off.

I play blackouts through my RGD 2127z and I LOVE the tone I get for it, but I'm looking to steer away a little bit on my ltd. I've gotten to the point where I just hate EMG's, some might say I'm growing up .

That being said, I'm about 99% sure I'm going to throw some Bare Knuckles in it but I'm not sure which ones. I've heard great things about the painkillers and aftermaths but when I listened to them all side by side on their website, the ones that stood out the most to me were the miracle man set. Anybody have any experience with them? Any info about these or any other BKP's would greatly appreciated.
You love Blackouts but hate EMG's? Gentlemen, our first pickup hipster.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
You love Blackouts but hate EMG's? Gentlemen, our first pickup hipster.

Haha I've had tons of experience with EMG's, I had 4 other guitars with them in 6,7 and 8 string versions and was a huge skeptic of the SD's for a long time. But the blackouts in my Ibby destroys any tone I can get from any of the others with the EMG's.
Quote by zhunt1130
Haha I've had tons of experience with EMG's, I had 4 other guitars with them in 6,7 and 8 string versions and was a huge skeptic of the SD's for a long time. But the blackouts in my Ibby destroys any tone I can get from any of the others with the EMG's.

I don't have much experience with the Blackouts, honestly. I do have experience with the Nailbombs, though, and I can tell you that they're righteous pickups.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Ippon
I prefer the MMs with Mahogany + high gain. PKs with Basswood + high gain, for 6- and 7-strings.

That's great to hear b/c the guitar is mahogany, and I def use high gain haha. I play deathcore, but this 6 is the one I mess around with more of the melodic kinda stuff.