Page 1 of 2
I know that a certain plant can help, but I'm dry as a kite that isn't wet at the moment.

So yeah, please help, I don't want to stay awake laying in my bed til 4am again.

Some nights I fall asleep right away, but many nights I either take forever to fall asleep or wake up a lot during the night.

thanks for suggestions
I'd do my best to not rely on ambien unless you absolutely have to, 'cuz it's really hard to get to sleep without it after just a night or two of using it. Try exercising an hour or two before you wanna sleep or something.
Last edited by due 07 at Dec 16, 2011,
Quote by due 07
*probably some bammer shit*

Quote by First sentence of OP
I know that a certain plant can help, but I'm dry as a kite that isn't wet at the moment

You pretentious bastard.
Don't sleep all day

(cure for 90% of the posts on insomnia on the internet)
Check out my band Disturbed
4am? Boo ****ing hoo. I actually have insomnia and it's not that easy. What my doctors said is to using nytol or something, but as soon as you get a rhythm going, stop the drugs immediately. But that's never helped me.
Quote by MakinLattes
You pretentious bastard.

Pretentious? Moi? Don't be absurd!
melatonin
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Loveless on repeat, scientific studies say.

and I'll sleep tomorrow
aaaaaand it won't be looooong

I fall asleep to Loveless on a regular basis, Bilinda Butcher's voice is just so pretty it lulls me right to sleep.
Read something really boring and tedious.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Melatonin
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by guitarist41
Read something really boring and tedious.

Atlas Shrugged perhaps.
thanks for the suggestions, i'll just try the hot chocolate cus it's readily available
Dark side of the moon
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Yeah, my main reason for not sleeping is because I don't want to get off the computer. This is a symptom of ADD or depression. Try to take a hot shower. Go lay down with no music, phone, or other distractions.
Quote by Novacane...
Atlas Shrugged perhaps.

or MH400s' threads, or whatever his name is
Quote by boreamor
4am? Boo ****ing hoo. I actually have insomnia and it's not that easy. What my doctors said is to using nytol or something, but as soon as you get a rhythm going, stop the drugs immediately. But that's never helped me.

came in here to say something similar to this

but yeah drugs get yu dependant and dont really help(me at least)
Quote by neidnarb11890
and I'll sleep tomorrow
aaaaaand it won't be looooong

I fall asleep to Loveless on a regular basis, Bilinda Butcher's voice is just so pretty it lulls me right to sleep.

My personal lullaby albums are Frank Sinatra's In The Wee Small Hours and the soundtrack from Aria The Animation.

I can't fall asleep to Loveless because it's just too good to miss. Although, I do find myself in a sleepy/melancholy/I-could-just-die-now state whenever I listen to "Sometimes".
I drink. If you don't fall asleep and get belligerent, you get to experience that sunrise drunk. a beauty that few ever have the chance to enjoy.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
I drink. If you don't fall asleep and get belligerent, you get to experience that sunrise drunk. a beauty that few ever have the chance to enjoy.

Experiencing sunrise is generally one of the most depressing things imo. Haven't done it drunk, but I've never been happy to see it sober.

OT: Have a shot, fap, play some appropriate binaural beats, listen to some ambient music.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
- Drink hot beverages before you go to sleep.
- Eat untill you feel full ( Before you go to sleep)
- Try to sleep only when you are tired
- Sleep in a dark room
- Keep the window slighlty open at day time and close it when you go to sleep
Quote by rjdusa
Experiencing sunrise is generally one of the most depressing things imo. Haven't done it drunk, but I've never been happy to see it sober.

OT: Have a shot, fap, play some appropriate binaural beats, listen to some ambient music.

Well aren't you just a negative nancy...

Sunrise is kind of frustrating, since I either didn't sleep, or woke up before the fucking sun, but I do enjoy it.
Quote by Skynyrd890
Well aren't you just a negative nancy...

Sunrise is kind of frustrating, since I either didn't sleep, or woke up before the fucking sun, but I do enjoy it.

Probably why I always found it depressing. I do quite enjoy sunsets though.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Quote by chaos13
I'm having the same problem. Playing Skyrim until I crash
Which will have the exact opposite effect...

How about getting off the PC, lazyass?
I have no idea why it hasn't already been mentioned. Go for a run or do something that will tire you out completely.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Getting a job usually works if you don't have one already.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by rjdusa
Probably why I always found it depressing. I do quite enjoy sunsets though.

I see so many sunrises, that sunsets just mean I'm not sleeping for awhile
Cannabinoids: CBD
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
My approach would be to first make sure things that would keep me from sleeping have been eliminated.

I have found that staring at the computer, or other back-lit screen before sleeping makes it much hard to sleep. The problem is the light from the computer screen is relatively bright and direct, and exposes your eyes to high levels of light. This makes your brain think its sun light, and therefore suppresses your circadian rhythm. Ideally you should read a book or something an hour before bed, but I've found that watching a TV in a dark room that is 10+ feet away is still a better alternative than the computer.

Other things to consider (that have helped me):
-sun light exposure- even 30 minutes in the middle of the day, helps your body known when its supposed to be awake
-lmit naps to no longer than 1 hour
-no caffeine about 5 hours prior to sleeping
-Exercise: do it during the day, don't do it at within about a few hours of sleep. If don't get some type of physical activity during the day I find it hard to be tired at night.
-keep your room cool- your body temperature natrually drops when you sleep, and begins to rise when you wake up, cool room=easier to sleep
-keep your body cool close to sleep- for this reason i advise against hot liquids
-keep your room as dark as possible
-stay away from screens- again limiting light before bed can help
-use your bed only for sleeping- your body associates your bed with what you do in it, so no homework, talking on the phone, or watchin tv in it
-don't fall asleep with music/tv on, you should have a quite room

--Above all else, when you are able to sleep try to go to bed and wake up at the exact same time every day, your body is all about cycles!

When I need help falling asleep (for the days I have to rise early), I am a fan of melatonin. I'm no expert, but from what I can tell its seems pretty safe. Its considered a supplement, not a medication. Also studies have found that taking a lower dose is often more effective than a higher does, so no need to take extra. It won't knock you out, but for me it just makes me feel like I could use a nap or something, which motivates me to go to bed.

Hope this helps.
Quote by FrenchBread
My approach would be to first make sure things that would keep me from sleeping have been eliminated.

I have found that staring at the computer, or other back-lit screen before sleeping makes it much hard to sleep. The problem is the light from the computer screen is relatively bright and direct, and exposes your eyes to high levels of light. This makes your brain think its sun light, and therefore suppresses your circadian rhythm. Ideally you should read a book or something an hour before bed, but I've found that watching a TV in a dark room that is 10+ feet away is still a better alternative than the computer.

Other things to consider (that have helped me):
-sun light exposure- even 30 minutes in the middle of the day, helps your body known when its supposed to be awake
-lmit naps to no longer than 1 hour
-no caffeine about 5 hours prior to sleeping
-Exercise: do it during the day, don't do it at within about a few hours of sleep. If don't get some type of physical activity during the day I find it hard to be tired at night.
-keep your room cool- your body temperature natrually drops when you sleep, and begins to rise when you wake up, cool room=easier to sleep
-keep your body cool close to sleep- for this reason i advise against hot liquids
-keep your room as dark as possible
-stay away from screens- again limiting light before bed can help
-use your bed only for sleeping- your body associates your bed with what you do in it, so no homework, talking on the phone, or watchin tv in it
-don't fall asleep with music/tv on, you should have a quite room

--Above all else, when you are able to sleep try to go to bed and wake up at the exact same time every day, your body is all about cycles!

When I need help falling asleep (for the days I have to rise early), I am a fan of melatonin. I'm no expert, but from what I can tell its seems pretty safe. Its considered a supplement, not a medication. Also studies have found that taking a lower dose is often more effective than a higher does, so no need to take extra. It won't knock you out, but for me it just makes me feel like I could use a nap or something, which motivates me to go to bed.

Hope this helps.

pretty much this. most people i know with 'insomnia' just dont know how to sleep
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Page 1 of 2