I ****ing LOVE our high school bands like Incubus and TOOL and shit like that but there is so much more music out there! I have some great friends who love some great music but I can't really move beyond the high school music day with them. Any advice? Anyone in a similar boat?
Wat...

Those bands are great.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Maybe they still like the high school bands?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

How about you let them listen to what they like? Expose them to new music, but don't have any unjustified expectations of them.
Check out my band Disturbed
I find slowly finding them is more rewarding for me. Makes each one special. Instead of looking just let it happen. Get your undies out of the twist they are in.
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Last edited by Artema at Dec 16, 2011,
Don't push your wishes on other people?
Play different music, suggest they listen to some online radio station in your desired genre, read alt press and revolver magazines etc.

Same question as "How do I find new music" but advice to give, not take. They'll find some new bands if they want to, maybe they're really not that fussed about music.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
my roommate loves christian hardcore

STFU you have nothing to complain about
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
That shit cray
That shit cray
That shit cray
That shit cray
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Quote by Mossy Gap
I ****ing LOVE our high school bands like Incubus and TOOL and shit like that but there is so much more music out there! I have some great friends who love some great music but I can't really move beyond the high school music day with them. Any advice? Anyone in a similar boat?

I was unaware that bands could be branded for absolutely no reason. I have some advice, get off your high horse.
i have a friend who likes fusion and i really wish he'd grow out of it and listen to older 50s and 60s riverside/prestige/blue note albums.
#DTWD
dontjudgeothers.jpg
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Stop pressing B after they level up then.

I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by Zoot Allures
They're not man, they should branch out. My friends do this too, listening to horrendous music.

Who said anything about taste in music?

I'm talking about, like, their souls, man. Their spirit, like, their inner being, man.
Quote by Zoot Allures

Quote by hriday_hazarika

Your friends are better people than you.

They're not man, they should branch out. My friends do this too, listening to horrendous music.

Did you just say that you are a better person than your friends because you don't like the same music?
Maybe you should try getting them to battle first. They can't evolve if they don't battle.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
My roommates like a lot of the same music I do, classic rock and rap especially. However, they will only play one or two songs from an artist. I must have heard the song "Float On" 100 times in the past 3 months...I'm just like...you realize Modest Mouse has dozens of good songs right?

I don't know, I can't listen to the same songs as much as they do, even though I do like their taste.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Quote by Carswell98
my roommate loves christian hardcore

STFU you have nothing to complain about

What's wrong with christian hardcore????
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I have a friend who listens only to classical music from the romantic period. I wish he'd grow out of it and evolve and listen to classical music from the 16-18th century. Music from the romantic period is so unncessarily ornamental and I'd wish he'd evolve to more complex and technical music.

Quote by stealstrings
What's wrong with christian hardcore????

There's two thing wrong with it, one is that it's hardcore...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by mike_anderson25
Stop pressing B after they level up then.

that was good
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
i know what you mean, more for you, cant force anyone to like anything, that just makes them want to dislike it.
Quote by Kensai

There's two thing wrong with it, one is that it's hardcore...

ooohhh ok.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
The hell?

Incubus and Tool are both awesome musicians..(well, Incubus WERE, now they're alright).

I think they're both slightly above "high school".
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
My friends (some of them anyway) just listen to the flavour of the month Deathcore bands and whatnot. they're also close minded as ****. I would love it if some of my friends had the musical maturity to enjoy bands like Tool and Incubus.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by moscaespañol
THIS

good point.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o