If I were you I would give details but erase the link or it might be gone soon if it is a good deal.
It's a '95 for $400 with a cheap amp. Not a great deal, particularly. But it's a clean MIM strat.
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II, Seymour Duncan Jazz and '59.
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Mesa 5:50 Express
Egnator Rebel 30
Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18
One, it's not a good deal, a good deal would be around $250-$300, even for a mint condition one.

Two, nineties "vintage" made in mexico strats do not appreciate, and they honestly haven't changed much since 1990.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
There really isn't a good "year" for guitars as if they were like wine or something. Each Strat is it's own Strat. It's best to just try them out.
It will probably be a decent guitar at best. The neck will be on the thick side, the frets were probably not well dressed way back when it was made, the pickups are nasally and too hot, and the tuners are garbage. I really wouldn’t pay more than $250 for that guitar; you could buy a new MIC Classic Vibe Strat for much less than $400 and have a better guitar.
I'm not sure about the quality of the MIM Strats in the 90's but mine from a couple years ago was quite nice. That being said, check out what they cost new: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender,Solid-Body-Electric-Electric-Guitar,300-500,New-Gear.gc?categorysearch=true

That's not even on sale or with a coupon (both of which are readily available). I realize these don't come with an amp, but it's more to illustrate the value. The real question is what value is being placed on the amp? Recent completed listing on eBay shows a Crate GX-20M going for $49...

Some alternatives (which can still be haggled with regarding price):
BTW, howdy neighbor!
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Last edited by richardlpalmer at Dec 16, 2011,
Quote by kangaxxter
One, it's not a good deal, a good deal would be around $250-$300, even for a mint condition one.

Two, nineties "vintage" made in mexico strats do not appreciate, and they honestly haven't changed much since 1990.

actually they have changed some since. in 2008 there were some upgrades to the trem and the pups. agree with the rest of your statement though.
Quote by JustRooster
There really isn't a good "year" for guitars as if they were like wine or something. Each Strat is it's own Strat. It's best to just try them out.

+1

and this...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497696