Poll: Acoustic or electric, which do you play more?
Poll Options
View poll results: Acoustic or electric, which do you play more?
I play acoustic more
80 30%
I play electric more
168 63%
Unfunny joke option.
19 7%
Voters: 267.
Page 1 of 3
Providing you have an acoustic and an electric, which do you play more? I used to always be playing electric but for the last few months its about 80% acoustic guitar playing for me, not that sure why, maybe becoming lazier. What do you do, and why?

I can't put this in electric guitar or acoustic guitar either because it would be impossible.
Electric. By FAR.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Electric, more acoustic though for bass because I play stand-up bass at school. I seldom touch my steel string acoustic as it is, my nylon string is 10x better.
Electric by far. That being said, I do like writing acoustically. It's almost two different instruments for me, as far as application. Acoustic stuff I write has a completely different vibe.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Electric. By FAR.

This.

Can't be throwing down lower neck riffage on an acoustic.

Or upper neck for that matter.
i only play acoustically.

If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Electric. I think. Marginal at best. Especially when my archtop does both.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by jani92jani
i dont own any granpa guitars.

It's Ludwig Von Beethoven, dickball.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
electric. mainly for the better playability. and i like things loud so.. i love jamming some chords on the acoustic to but to me electric just has much more possibilities
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Lately it's more acoustic. I'm learning piano now, so most of my practice is for the piano. I don't have a guitar stand or anything, so I put all my guitars above my bed (I sleep on a bunk bed). It's easier to take the acoustic, especially since the wires for my electric is kind of messy because of a distortion pedal.
Acoustic. I rarely turn the amp on these days, just out of laziness.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Definitely electric. I hardly play acoustic. I would play more if I had a better acoustic guitar.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Well given that bass is my main/first instrument I play that more.

My acoustic gets played more than my electric, because electric just feels too light to me, and I usually can't be bothered plugging in, acoustic can just be picked up and played.
Quote by triface
wait wat

I spent 4-5 years playing bass almost exclusively with a tiny bit of acoustic, having never played electric. It just feels a bit too... effortless? Not in a 'difficulty' sense, just in regards to the amount of physical pressure required to achieve a decent note etc. It's just because of what I'm used to.
My acoustic really keeps my fingers in good shape for playing and I don't have to plug it in cos I'm lazy, lol!
Ehh, it changes. Sometimes the acoustic is just closer, I'm in the mood for the sound of an acoustic, I don't feel like dealing with knobs/cables. But maybe I'm trying to figure out what kinda tone I wanna use for a song, or I realize that my electric guitar was build by God and I want to play it. Usually that last one.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Electric ftw! I still love my battered up acoustic though.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
At the student dorm I live, I have a keyboard and an electric, so it's quite obvious which of these guitars I pick up, though I do enjoy playing on an accoustic when I'm home, since my brother has a good one.

I play mostly the keyboard here though, it's way easier to set up, just start Reaper and begin playing.
i chose unfunny joke option because i play them both an equal amount of time. I only have two guitars, my takamine and my stratocaster. I wouldnt say iv played either more.
I only use my electric at band practice and gigs. I use my acoustic everyday. I use it to practice, play in my folk group, and go busking

so like 80% acoustic, 20% electric
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
acoustic. Only because I've been painting my Electric.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I don't remember the last time I properly played my electric. At least 5 months ago. I've picked it up and figured out a cool part of a riff or something a couple of times, but I mostly just like to kick back and strum acoustically.
I don't have an acoustic guitar, so I play my electric guitars all the time. But I usually play without plugging them in soooo... Idk.
Page 1 of 3