Alright, so I had a huge thread about deciding a preamp (decided I'm getting the ENGL E570) and obviously I need a power amp for it to work. The one I've had my sights on from the beginning was the 2:100, mainly because I heard about how it is literally the power amp for the dual rectifier and gives the rack a massive crushing tone which the 2:90 can't even compare to.

However, I want to know if anyone can tell me if this amp is any versatile? I've read that the 2:90 has the 2:100 beat in versatility, but I also heard the 2:90 sounds a bit sterile. The reason I chose the ENGL E570 preamp is because I heard its crushing tone, and it is pretty versatile (not as versatile as the triaxis though or any other full midi amp), but I don't want to nullify that versatile tone by getting a power amp that will only sound good doing specific tones.

Also are there any alternatives to the 2:90 and 2:100 which could give a crushing tone but still be any versatile, or can the 2:100 fill both of these jobs?

Don't worry about budget I'm not getting them right now, these are just things I'm going to work towards getting (saving up and such)
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Dec 16, 2011,