What inspires you to write music? What is your muse?? Yur long lost love? A friend perhaps? Your parents? Drug addiction? Spill the beans here, feel free to share lyrics as well
I'll start off. My muse is mostly my friends, my parents and what my county goes through

"Surrounded by mine-dump walls and smog fences". About the province I live in
Stuff in my life, films, books, the view out of the window, other people's songs, random words and phrases that pop into my head and sometimes it just happens
I once got inspired by the rain soaking through my shoes. It was weird but it's a pretty nice song
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
I love putting words to a scenario. Even if it's a stupid one-liner. I came up with a verse about a girl who's extremely seductive. I got the inspiration to my one friend and his girlfriend.. How she kinda killed his feelings and rejected him, yet he was still allured to her.
Quote by Svennson
I love putting words to a scenario. Even if it's a stupid one-liner. I came up with a verse about a girl who's extremely seductive. I got the inspiration to my one friend and his girlfriend.. How she kinda killed his feelings and rejected him, yet he was still allured to her.

Stupid one liners are the best
Also I've found that I tend to absorb bits of the songwriting style of whoever my musical partner at the time is (I always have one). I really like it, it keeps me interesting
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
All sorts really, experiences, TV, sometimes just a story I have in my head
A lot of the time I don't actually know what I've written about until I'm about halfway through writing lyrics, which obviously provides a bit of extra inspiration

Me and a friend wrote a song at the start of this week, we've played the music in band practice a lot and he'd came up with the chorus (which I wasn't too keen on at first) but I wrote down a couple of verses and when we read it back it just described a relationship scenario pretty similar to the one you described Svennson
My favourite is writing with someone. Because their view on the topic is often different, so you can add different ideas. So there's no writing block. Also, if you can't think of a rhyme, they could probably come up with something.
Use the techniques subforum or maybe the community thread sticky for discussions such as these. This part of the forum is designated solely for written work such as poetry and prose.