Page 1 of 2
Hey Pit,

Essentially, I want to know of some famous guitarists who have also been known to DJ. I remember reading an interview on UG about someone who did, but can't remember who. But surely there is more.

Need quick answers as it's for a competition ending tomorrow

Cheers
Tommy Lee, the drummer from Motely Crue, DJs for various dubstep things...
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Mani from Stone Roses does some DJ-ing I think
Two bands I'm obsessed about : Coheed and Cambria.
Perry Farrell of Jane's Addiction also DJs, under the name DJ Peretz (his hebrew name)
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Skrillex sang for From First to Last before doing that dubstep thing.
Guitars

1992 Fender Standard Stratocaster
2009 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2010 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Ovation Celebrity 6-String Acoustic
Fender BG29 Acoustic 4-string Bass
John Lennon was into the dubstep scene, also Jimmy Page is doing some awesome house music.
Quote by AmirT
John Lennon was into the dubstep scene, also Jimmy Page is doing some awesome house music.

Haha.

DJ-ing is nothin to be proud of.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Dave Mustaine is into the dubstep thing.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Peter and Björn from In Flames has done some DJ:ing.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
Quote by Blargaha
Peter and Björn from In Flames has done some DJ:ing.

I thought it was Peter and Jesper?
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
Quote by lyonk55
I thought it was Peter and Jesper?

Sorry, Peter and Jesper of course. Thanks for the correction.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
DJ Ashba.

Little did I know his name is actually DJ and he is not an actual DJ.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by guitarist41
Haha.

And neither is guitaring

OT Benn Jordan is a classical/jazz guitarist who also makes a load of electronic music. His best known pseudonym is probably The Flashbulb. Great musician.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
And neither is guitaring

OT Benn Jordan is a classical/jazz guitarist who also makes a load of electronic music. His best known pseudonym is probably The Flashbulb. Great musician.

*plays guitar*

*is proud*

*reads post*

*is not proud of being proud*
Quote by JAHellraiser
DJ Ashba.

Little did I know his name is actually DJ and he is not an actual DJ.

Really?

I bet his parents were too drugged to care they named their son DJ, house music lovers pff.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Really?

I bet his parents were too drugged to care they named their son DJ, house music lovers pff.

and your parents must be hipsters, because they gave you the most ironic name possible.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Thom Yorke from Radiohead goes under the alias Tchock to DJ sometimes.

Quote by guitarist41
Haha.

Why?
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Dec 16, 2011,
Some of the people listed here aren't actual DJs. Creating electronic music doesn't mean you are a DJ.
Quote by theogonia777
and your parents must be hipsters, because they gave you the most ironic name possible.

You know what my name is and what it means?

Prove it.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
All of Animal Collective
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
And neither is guitaring

Glad to know other people on here like The Flashbulb.
Last edited by runx2xthehills at Dec 16, 2011,
Bruce Dickinson.
Quote by yoman297
DJ Ashba.

o wait
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Quote by BlackVoid
Some of the people listed here aren't actual DJs. Creating electronic music doesn't mean you are a DJ.

Some people use the word that way.

The problem is that the word "producer" means something outside of electronica that makes some uneasy to use the word producer with electronic artists.
lol electronic music, good luck with your button pushing goals of 2012. brb playing real music brb led zeppelin youtube guitar covers.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
lol electronic music, good luck with your button pushing goals of 2012. brb playing real music brb led zeppelin youtube guitar covers.

This.

Anyone can download Reason and make techno,dubstep,or trance and call themself a dj.

But it takes skill to play guitar.
Quote by Axelfox
This.

Anyone can download Reason and make techno,dubstep,or trance and call themself a dj.

Way to agree with a joke post there.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I heard David Guetta is in a sick jazz metal band somewhere...
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by Axelfox
This.

Page 1 of 2