**reposted as I think the title of my last thread might not have been clear, and therefore I didnt get any replies or advice to help me, legitimately looking for help not spamming **

I am planning a build, something along these sort of lines,

(because everyone likes pictures)

sort of a halfway house between a Jaguar and a Tele,

my plan is to buy a tele (or lefty strat) neck and bolt it on when the body is finished, my questions are as follows

a) is this a good plan, am I overlooking something terribly important?
b) how do I know/work out how deep to cut the neck pocket (from looking at the other build threads this is just a job that gets done without any explanation)
c) how do I know/work out where to put the bridge, I know the bridge is the same distance from the 12th fret as the nut is, but what way is there of making sure this is right, additionally how do you make sure it is straight

Please help, I want to build this beauty and build her right

cheers in advance guys
(feel free to comment on the guitar shape too, I personally am in love with it, but I want to know how other people think it looks, perhaps I'm just deluded)
a) my current build has a pre-made neck as I didn't want to fuss with necks until I'm a little more adept, afaik lots of people do it.
b) the depth is normally dependant on the thickness at the heel of the neck and how much you need the fretboard to stand proud of the body. With a tele/strat neck and tele bridge then you need it deep enough to have proper action at the 21st/22nd fret based on the saddle heights.
c) no idea on getting it straight, that's something I'll be addressing soon for my own build. as for position set the saddles to roughly the middle of their range and measure 25.5" (648mm) from the nut and set the bridge there. the 25.5" is based on a 25.5" scale tele or strat neck, which most of them will be.
d) that design is really cool, wish I could draw
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
b) how do I know/work out how deep to cut the neck pocket (from looking at the other build threads this is just a job that gets done without any explanation)

A standard Tele neck pocket is 5/8" deep (heel depth), 2 3/16" wide (along the width of the neck) and 3" deep (along the length of the neck). The corners are 1/4" radius.
cheers guys,

Ive found someone with a CNC router who is willing to help me out, so I'm thinking of building this baby with an alder body for the brighter tones (I'm an indie rock musician, so I like the treble-y jangly sound)

I'm also thinking of modifying a tele 3saddle bridge to avoid stringing through the body and having a stop bar lower down the body, to emulate the "Jaguar string behind the bridge jangle"

If i drill/file gaps around the saddles on a tele bridge so the strings can be fed through the back this wont weaken the bridge too much will it (its pretty thick metal)

cheers again,

if/when I start the build I'll document it in the forum and put a link here
you could pop holes in the back or get one set up for top mount stringing like this

http://stg.chguitars.co.uk/bridges/tely-style/b37-wilkinson-brass-compensated-tele-guitar-ashtray-bridge-401.html

and enlarge the holes a bit to run the strings through to a tailpiece
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Hey man, your pic's disappeared.
Also, I've got a couple of those Wilkinson bridges, they're good for the price.
Quote by GABarrie
you could pop holes in the back or get one set up for top mount stringing like this

http://stg.chguitars.co.uk/bridges/tely-style/b37-wilkinson-brass-compensated-tele-guitar-ashtray-bridge-401.html

and enlarge the holes a bit to run the strings through to a tailpiece

yeah thats what I was thinking, using a 3saddle bridge, and drilling either side of the sprung screws to make it a string through.

----

Also Good news I have found someone with the tooling to help me shape and route the body, so hopefully the build will be starting in the new year.

For the wood, I'm thinking alder, for the good treble tones, (I play 'lead' in an indie rock band, so I think this will reflect my style)

as far as finish goes, I dislike guitars where you can see the wood, unless it looks exceptional, Im thinking either a blue, green colour pallet (surf style) or a tobacco sunburst (obviously the wood would show through this)

ideas thoughts?

cheers guys