Hello
i want to buy a new guitar.. i got Yamaha Pacifica PAC102 that i got few years ago.. i play in a band and i think i need to get a normal guitar :P..
so i thought about buying a PRS but my limit is like 2300$ Max
i found a Gibson Studio Faded in 700$ and couple of deals like that..
so what do you say? what should i buy?
I've said it many times and I'll say it again, Carvin make great guitars. Mine was about €1600 and so far, it holds up really well even when compared to PRS guitars. The greatest thing is they're all custom guitars, so you get exactly what you want - no BS, just quality.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
what genres of music do you play? what amp do you have? are you sure that you rally need to spend $2300 or even want to (i nearly bought myself a prs and then i found out that i was ****ing with myself and i shouldnt spend so much money, i got a les paul and an amp instead).
2nd hand PRS CE24 for about $1000-1200 then spend the rest on a nice amp suited to your needs.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
What kind of music does your band play? BTW I think most people would consider the Pacifica a normal guitar but it all boils down to the sound you're wanting to achieve which is a large part of your playing ability. PRS is very nice but pricey. Again, what kind of music are you playing and perhaps we can help you a little more? With a $2,300 limit there would be quite a bit to choose from unless you're going for a custom or signature series axe.

Ibanez SGT520VS Sage Series Acoustic
Yamaha FG720S-12 12 String Acoustic
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate Flexwave FW65 Combo Amp
You have to give us a genre or at least a tone that you like.
Pacificas are awesome btw.
You could buy a prs se custom semi hollow and an ac30 and a vintage fuzz pedal for that much.