Is it possible to run 2 audio interfaces together? More specifcly an 8 mic imput for drums and pod farm for scratch guitar track into logic pro 9 on macbook pro. Iver heard stuff about lag as well as daisy chaining them together but nothing definitive. I would need each imput seperat from each other.
As soon as you load Logic check your audio inputs under preferences, and you ll find out, as far as I know, it only lets you choose 1 in and 1 out, you'll most likely have to daisy chain or get a bigger interface
I don't know about interfaces in general, but I know the Zoom R16 (crossover between interface & multitracker) is designed so two of them can be linked together via USB and record up to 16 tracks at the same time.

I've never tried that function, but I've used them in the past & there isn't any lag when just using one, as you're using something designed for the job I doubt there'd be any lag when you join 2 together.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by FireHawk
no as most DAWs (all that I know of) only allow one driver to be active at a time.

Sounds logical.

What if he were to have two DAW packages, one linked to one interface for his drums, the other linked to another interface for everything else? Then he'd just export the .wav files from one DAW into the other and he'd have everything in one place for mixing.

I'd imagine he'd need a pretty powerful PC to cope with it, but could that work?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Sounds logical.

What if he were to have two DAW packages, one linked to one interface for his drums, the other linked to another interface for everything else? Then he'd just export the .wav files from one DAW into the other and he'd have everything in one place for mixing.

I'd imagine he'd need a pretty powerful PC to cope with it, but could that work?

This may work I may try it when i head home for holidays as I have multiple interfaces...