Earlier, I posted a forum which later got closed due to it being in the wrong sub-forum but sticking to the previous question:

what inspires you to write?

This is more of a topical discussion than a question. What makes your art different from the others??
What inspires your lyrics? Stories? Life? Parents?

Don't be shy, to share!!
Most people have that attitude about their lyrics. Trust me, even I do. The lyrics that I like, I normally write them down
nothing. i just write whatever pops up in my head. i dont even try to write. if theres a phrase i like or something that i just happen to come up with ill jot it down and connect it later.
Quote by itamar100
nothing. i just write whatever pops up in my head. i dont even try to write. if theres a phrase i like or something that i just happen to come up with ill jot it down and connect it later.

That's a good method though. The one-liner method is probably the best
I often cant write shit until something happens to me, or ive been dwelling on it for awhile.
I guess my influences to write have been ex's really. Its sorta weird, I cant stand listening to angry/angsty love songs about bitches past, but theyre always what inspire me...
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
More often than not its negative emotions, usually hate and heartbreak baha, but its my way of getting it out without punching the shit out of something
I'm pretty proud of my lyrics! I'd say I'm a pretty good story writer as well, so I usually write a story and put myself in the place of the characters in the story and create songs based of that! Then, when I listen to the songs later on, I eventually realize that they describe exactly how I felt at that particular time in my life. Interesting! You can listen to my songs following the link in my sig btw.