Its got an active EQ and I changed the battery, but still nothing. All the volume and tone knobs are up, its plugged in, amp volume and tones are set (including gain). Its not the lead, I tried another guitar through it and it worked fine. When I slap the strings near the bridge with my palm I can hear a slight thud coming through the amp. I dont know what this means, but maybe there is a wire disconnected. I checked the control cavity and didnt find anything loose. If you need pics Ill get some up soon.
Thanks guys.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Did you put a battery in that's got low charge or is already dead? Sometimes it happens.

Maybe it's the jack - it's usually the first part of any instrument to have problems. If you swap batteries again and nothing happens, I'd take it to a shop unless you've got a good idea of how to work with instrumental guts.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I have changed batterys twice and the first time was a brand new one.
Quote by c3powil
Its got an active EQ and I changed the battery, but still nothing. All the volume and tone knobs are up, its plugged in, amp volume and tones are set (including gain). Its not the lead, I tried another guitar through it and it worked fine. When I slap the strings near the bridge with my palm I can hear a slight thud coming through the amp. I dont know what this means, but maybe there is a wire disconnected. I checked the control cavity and didnt find anything loose. If you need pics Ill get some up soon.
Thanks guys.

. . .
This recently happened to me. It turned out the whole circuit board went, and I had to replace all the electronics. Cost me £90!

Sounds like the same here. Sorry
Birmigham City Football Club

I PLAY BASS

"If Bruce Willis pissed in a can and then put it in the freezer, It would become Red Bull."

Monkey Stubble
Quote by c3powil
. . .

My bad lol. First make sure that you checked the jack and where the wires come off of the pickups themselves too, not just the wires on the pots. Sometimes even when people check loose wires they overlook that.

Next, fiddle a lot with the volume pots while you're plugged in and see if you get any scratchy noises or popping, sudden contact sounds. It''s probably not the case, but if you're lucky it's just a fried potentiometer, which is the easiest thing to fix after bad wiring.

If that doesn't reveal anything, and there's nothing blatantly wrong with the preamp (broken component or cold or broken solder joints), then there's not much more you can do to diagnosis it without a continuity tester or a multimeter and your best bet is to take it into a tech.
Thanks guys, Ill look into it!
Definitely check the caps, methinks. Or do active preamps not have caps?

Of course it could be something inside the preamp, then you're probably ****ed and best off replacing it.
Spaz, I honestly don't know what "cap" you're referring to.
Oh, okay, Im not seeing one in there. Ill try to take it to a shop sometime after Christmas. Its probably the input jack.