I am trying to find a good amp to save up for. So here's the details.......

- Should be a tube amp, all tube or combo doesnt matter. As long as it's good.

- Budget: $1000. Though am willing to save a lil more if it's a really good amp.

- I want it to be REALLY versatile. I want really smooth cleans and a really heavy distortion tone.

- I play bands like Opeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and even some solo stuff like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai etc.

- I can only choose from the brands Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Peavey, Hughes and Kettner and Fender.

- I'll use it for home practice and maybe some gigs aswell.

- I currently have a Fender Frontman 15G amp and it's just downright bad.
I also have a Jackson RR3 guitar and a EHX Metal Muff distortion.

I found the Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18 quite interesting, but I haven't tried it yet. Do you guys/gals think it would suit the type of songs I play?

Opinions?

Thanks,
Last edited by MaddMann274 at Dec 16, 2011,
i have a Peavey XXX all tube combo amp. I think retail it's worth just under $1,000. I got mine used for 300 but after some minor tube replacements it's back to 100%. Phenomenal amp, especially for what you play. It's loud as hell with great tone, some decent effects, and it's built like a brick shithouse. Highly recommend it!
i would try to get a peavey 6505, im saving up for one right now and let me tell you it is probably one of the best amps out there for right around 1000 bucks.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Hmm, try find my amp. It's a Peavey JSX. As far as I can tell, it has enough distortion for you and some. The cleans are also crystal (IMO). With that budget you should be able to get one easily and a nice cab to match.

I got mine for €600, which is ~$783 but the amp market in Ireland is a bit crap. (It's the only used JSX I've ever seen for sale here, and I got it )
sounds like you need a Marshall JVM215.
check one out if you can.
2011 PRS CU24 (Black/Gold), Carvin Legacy 3